Interview after Interview after Interview... - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

The Job Search

Interview after Interview after Interview...

>

Osha

Osha

Interview after Interview after Interview...
Old 05-08-2019, 10:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

...and still no offers. I've been interviewing for almost two months now and I'm getting concerned. Anyone else have a similar experience? Did you have to search far and wide and apply to 100+ jobs to get an offer? How long did the process take?

I'm still getting interviews though, so I'm trying to stay calm. I am limited to a few districts in my state, which could be part of the issue. I've been searching primarily for ESOL positions, if anyone's curious.

cruxian

Old 05-09-2019, 03:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Okay so the positive is you're getting interviews. But yeah, that's been happening to me. You're qualified/interesting enough that they're interested in you which is good. I've found that being picked from the interview pool is hard. I'm not ever sure what the principals are looking for TBH and it varies from person to person. I hope it'll happen for you---keep it up!!
cruxian is offline   Reply With Quote

basketball777

Old 05-09-2019, 03:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Yes Iíve gone thru 21 interviews...16 one year, 4 another....then I took a break...3 in 2 weeks so far this year. No luck
basketball777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 05-09-2019, 04:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

The last time I was seriously in need of a job and interviewing/applying everywhere, I did about 15 interviews before getting an offer. I kept being told I was the "second choice," "the candidate pool was so strong this year," "we wish we had another opening for you," etc. Then after all of that, I received 2 offers in one week! I also had a second interview scheduled where they told me the interview was to decide between me and one other person. I didn't follow through with doing that after I got the other two offers, but it very well may have been 3 offers in the same week!
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

cruxian

Old 05-09-2019, 04:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Wanna hear some encouraging news? I interviewed at a school back in March. They ended up filling the job internally with someone who was a long-term sub there. Well...another job opened up and I got the email this week.

cruxian is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 05-09-2019, 07:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Iím not even getting interviews so Iím seriously jealous of all you guys getting all those interviews.
GreyhoundGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

ellenroo

Old 05-10-2019, 11:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Same, Greyhound, no interviews yet. Although the district I want to be in I hear doesn't hold interviews till July. Guess we'll wait and see.

If it helps any, I've never once gotten a job that wasn't right at the last minute with teaching. So I'm just trying to ride it out and assume I'll be hired last minute like always. lol
ellenroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Osha

Osha

Thank You!
Old 05-10-2019, 01:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Thank you for the replies and encouragement, everyone! I felt perturbed because I was on the BALL this year. I started applying for jobs at the end of January, attending job fairs, dropping off resumes, e-mailing principals, etc. I have an advanced degree, multiple certs, and full-time experience, but was getting barely any interest. This is why I got so concerned and decided to post here. But REALLY glad to hear that I'm not the only person who is going through this!

Greyhound Girl, I've had to apply to well over 130 positions in private/charter/public elementary, middle, and high schools for what amounts to...maybe 8 interviews? I started applying to positions at the end of January and got my very first interview mid-March. The "thanks but no thanks" e-mail didn't worry me because the position was in an odd subject that I have no certification or experience in. I had two more interviews near the end of March. It turns out that the two interviews were for TENTATIVE positions dependent on budget and job transfers. The ESOL budget dried up in one position, and in the other position, the current teacher elected to remain in her position. Assuming that honesty is at play here, I do feel better knowing that it wasn't my application or references.

Thanks again, I love hearing about your experiences! Happy job hunting, everyone, and may the odds be ever in your favor~

gertegan

Old 06-06-2019, 05:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I've had two interviews so far, and I live in an area where there aren't alot of districts or schools, so two is pretty decent, but neither made the offer yet. I just keep telling myself that, so far, the schools I've applied to that had openings for what I can teach called me in, so that's promising. Just keep plugging away.
gertegan is offline   Reply With Quote

ArtyRossy

July Applications
Old 07-04-2019, 04:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

well I decided to try to go back to teaching. I'm certified art so that limits my possibilities for employment as well as my search radius (an hour from my house). I applied for 3 positions, one title 1 position, and a few after school position. Hoping all goes well in life when do administrators look at and hire in July? With the 4th of July Holiday when might someone look at my resume/application and hopefully call me. I have a plan B but I would hate to get hired in plan B group if I could teach Art in a School.

Thanks for any positive encouragement and thoughts.

ArtyRossy is offline   Reply With Quote

gertegan

Old 07-08-2019, 12:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I've given up trying to figure out how principals do things. I thought there was no way they'd be calling about interviews until after the 4th, but lo and behold I got called last week to come in this morning, so you really can't tell what they're going to do. Good luck!
gertegan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tounces

Interviews
Old 07-11-2019, 05:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Iíve been interviewing since March. Offered a job in June. May have another offer after next week. Hang in there.
I was once offered a job in September after the first week of school.
Tounces is offline   Reply With Quote