Special Education

Service Learning Project Ideas

>

justaguest

justaguest

Service Learning Project Ideas
Old 08-31-2019, 06:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Is there anyone here who can help me out? In a grad class and the midterm assignment is to complete a service learning project with my class. I am freaking out because I teach a lower elementary severe/profound class! The project has to benefit the school in some way and connect to a learning objective. I was thinking it would be nice to do something for the custodians and/or cafeteria workers, since they do so much for us daily. PLEASE send any ideas you have. I am drawing a blank and feeling slightly overwhelmed...

tctrojan

Ideas
Old 09-02-2019, 12:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Could you serve hot chocolate one day? The learning objective could be measuring the water.

Thank you cards for the workers you mentioned. Learning objective could be signing their name to the card or coloring.
tctrojan is offline   Reply With Quote

WGReading

Old 09-02-2019, 03:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'm thinking of the class in our building with a similar classification of student. Could you work on greetings and then have your class stand outside and greet teachers and/or students as they enter or leave for the day? The "service" part could be related to kindness or friendship? Learning objective would be social skills, greetings.
WGReading is offline   Reply With Quote
justaguest

justaguest

Old 10-03-2019, 04:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thank you both so very much for the ideas! I almost TOTALLY forgot that I made this post, but I am glad that I remembered to check! I am hoping my professor will accept something like what you have offered.