National Board Certification

Component 4 - evidence formatting

>

Ali406

Ali406

Component 4 - evidence formatting
Old 01-06-2020, 02:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Im finishing up component 4 and need some guidance on formatting my evidence. Can I include more than one piece of evidence on one 8.5 x 11 piece of paper? For example, when formatting the evidence of student information collected from multiple sources, I formatted two pages on one 8.5 x 11 page. Is that ok?

Zia

Old 01-06-2020, 04:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

You cannot shrink 8X11 sheets to fit more than one. If the original is 8X11, then you submit it as is. Sorry!
Zia is offline   Reply With Quote

dreamerg15

Old 01-07-2020, 01:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Are you able to cut information rather than use a whole page? For example, I used part of a chart of student contact information and an email from a parent on the same page. I didn't resize anything but I was able to combine the two regular size image clips on an 8.5 by 11 document.
dreamerg15 is offline   Reply With Quote

teacherlife88

Evidence
Old 01-16-2020, 03:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I did the same thing as dreamerg15's.
I would use CAM SCAN app to take full size pictures and insert into Word without adjusting the size to be smaller then I would crop the page to only use a portion of the page for evidence. This way I would show multiple sections of full size pages as evidence by cropping. You can also use snipit tool. I have an example I used for NB workshops that I attached. This may not be the best evidence to use and it is not the evidence I used but maybe it will help you see how I formatted my evidence.
Attached Files
File Type: docx example KOS evidence.docx (293.6 KB, 8 views)
teacherlife88 is offline   Reply With Quote

teacherlife88

Evidence
Old 01-16-2020, 04:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

When I did C4, I did not shrink my evidence to make more than one piece of evidence fit on one page but I did however crop off unnecessary sides without shrinking. So if you crop evidence to only show a portion of the page then you would be able to show more than one piece of evidence on a page. You could also use SNIPit Tool to do this. I used CAM SCAN to take a picture of the evidence, then I would insert the evidence in WORD and use crop or snipit tool to crop off some of the page to only show a section of the evidence. I used multiple sections of whole pages without shrinking the page.
However, You cannot make a collage of full size pages or insert multiple pages to make them fit on the page.

teacherlife88 is offline   Reply With Quote