Help

Primary Grades (K-2)

very inexpensive end of year gift

>

dusty

very inexpensive end of year gift
Old 05-15-2020, 10:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Any ideas for a very inexpensive end of year gift I could give my first graders. At some point they will come to school just to pick up their belongings. I'm not sure if I will be there or not but I would like to leave them a little something. Unfortunately I can't spend that much money and I have 20 first graders.
Any ideas? I tried the dollar store but they didn't have much.

dusty is offline   Reply With Quote

broomrider

I usually
Old 05-15-2020, 03:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

find notebooks at the dollar store and get pencils from there or an office supply store that are reasonable. I write a note to the kids about keeping a journal about what they do over the summer.

I've also created a calendar with different activities for each day June, July, and August. Things like walk to the end of the block and count your steps by 1s, another day by 10s, another by 2s, etc. Write down all the words in the "at" family you can think of, later: "-ate" family, other vowels and rimes. Measure how many hands long your favorite chair is, how high. Make some pudding with an adult. Go to the library (if it's open). Learn to do a summersault. Write a story: If I lived on Mars. Write: How to make a sandwich. Read your story to someone (on a different day). And so on.

I had some publications with activities I used and added some of my own. Unfortunately, I no longer have these. With distance learning, posting the calendars will save lots of printing costs. You may be able to find some suggestions on line that you can adjust.
broomrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 05-15-2020, 04:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We did an acrostic with each child's name, wrote a little blurb at the bottom about what a crazy year it's been, and added a couple of pictures from the year. No cost and they really liked it.
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

ABC

Beach balls
Old 05-17-2020, 02:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Hello!

Target has beach balls for $1. I put a tag on them that “first grade was a ball” and put them in their supplies. I hope they actually open their box when they get home!
ABC is offline   Reply With Quote