Help

Substitute Teachers

Fires, fires,fires

>

northcalsub

Fires, fires,fires
Old 08-27-2020, 05:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I live in a county surrounded by the fires. There are many people displacted, and therefore, many teachers are out for several or all week. I taught (I use this loosley) online from my bedroom, in my slippers.t It was an elementary class. The problem was that I had a training lasting 1 1/2 hours that was on google meets. We were given just a general outline on the process within google meets. I learned more watching multiple youtube videos. I have to say that I was not really prepared but was fortunate to have staff member who coached me through on and off during day. It was a very steep learning curve, for me. I have one more day, tomorrow, I'm not physically tired in anyway, just mentally. I don't know if I will take this on again anytime soon. If I don't get more than 3 days in a week, I'm good with UI.

northcalsub is offline   Reply With Quote

northcalsub

oops
Old 08-27-2020, 05:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Please excuse errors above.
northcalsub is offline   Reply With Quote

Bodhimom2

Old 08-27-2020, 06:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

First of all, I had to get a new phone and start over again on probation on here . My posts have to be read by someone before posted, so who knows how long until it's posted.

I did the "training" in Google meets and was not impressed, especially with 25-30 high school students.

Maybe if they go hybrid with 1/2 the students. I don't want to set myself up for failure.
Bodhimom2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Bodhimom2

Old 08-28-2020, 09:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I'm glad to see my post got posted. I was wondering if they were getting lost in limbo, somewhere, since I'm "new."
Bodhimom2 is offline   Reply With Quote