Help

Substitute Teachers

Beginning of the year

>

Nietzsche

Beginning of the year
Old 08-25-2020, 02:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I turned down working full time as a sub for a district but have now accepted a job for the first two days of school with them. I have had jobs appear for another district that nobody has accepted on Aesop. Things are up in the air with all the districts and I won't be surprised if everything shuts down and all classes are online. I just got notified today that another district has a 90 minute Covi-19 training session on Thursday. We can either attend in person or via Google Meeting. With the other district, I'll be walking in the first day of school with no prior information. I guess we have to be flexible!

Nietzsche is offline   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Old 08-25-2020, 03:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm glad districts are giving covid training to subs too. It will benefit you in your other districts.
klarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Learn Today

Old 08-26-2020, 07:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I did a 44 minute online covid training. It was a joke! I learned out to put on a mask and gloves, how to use hand sanitizer, and use a digital thermometer.
Learn Today is offline   Reply With Quote

windyangel

Old 08-27-2020, 11:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I was planning to work as a substitute but lay low and see what happens with COVID......maybe take 1 or 2 jobs......that was my original plan.

But the last minute application I submitted at this one charter school got through and now I got my final interview and they want me to start right away if everything checks out. So I have a really high chance of actually getting full time job at the very last minute......(I'm guessing they really needed someone at the last minute too sounded like they were rushing)

which I should be happy about but frankly I'm feeling very conflicted now because of all this COVID thing. Also I feel nervous about having 0 time to prepare and jump into first time full time teaching.

I guess life just comes at you when it comes at you
windyangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Bodhimom2

Old 08-27-2020, 02:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

If it is in person you will have a honeymoon period of a couple of weeks before they go crazy and take advantage.

Bodhimom2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Nietzsche

Old 09-02-2020, 08:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I subbed the first two days of the year this week at one of my districts. Drop off is a mess in the morning since it appears many students are not riding the buses. It was difficult to get to the new teachers' parking lot. I had to explain to three different people where I was going. They even had the superintendent out directing traffic, or at least watching.

Classes are small since they are only in school two days a week and have each class once a week. The teachers are arguing over what they are going to do for online instruction. Some are refusing to record their classes. Parents and students were calling or e-mailing teachers asking where the links are for their classes. They were expecting to find links to video lectures.

Masks were worn by all students but many students did not have their nose covered. Students were complaining they were told they would have to eat lunch outside even if it was raining or snowing. It should be an interesting year!
Nietzsche is offline   Reply With Quote