Help

Substitute Teachers

Online instruction

>

Uke

Online instruction
Old 09-16-2020, 09:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi, I have taken the training for online instruction in Google Classroom and Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. I keep feeling that, in order to move around while subbing Google Classroom, I'll need to buy something so I can raise and lower my laptop so I can stand up. ? What do you do? I'm thinking for music students and lower-elementary students. Also, I'll be going in to some schools to sub. Do you find that many teachers uses Google extensions (so that I'd need to learn those, also)? I'll be using a school laptop, so I'm imagining that I cannot load any, but I figure that some teachers might have done so. Thanks.
-Uke

Uke is offline   Reply With Quote

MaineSub

One thought...
Old 09-18-2020, 03:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm not a Google Classroom expert, so this is just an idea... I wonder if you could use two cameras? That's an option on many platforms. I hope to try it with Zoom.
MaineSub is offline   Reply With Quote

Uke

Old 09-19-2020, 04:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'm not sure. I'll look into it. I know how to split the screen so I can see class while showing a slideshow if that's what you mean. What I'm thinking of it standing to walk around some in front of my laptop if needed. Actually, I think I may have found something that might work, but it costs $60. I received a gift card from some friends after my knee replacement that I guess I could use to buy it. Hubby is still against it. Feels I need to get some jobs first and then see if I need it. Granted, sub jobs may be hard to come by this year.

Thanks for the suggestion.

pt2014js

desk height
Old 09-20-2020, 10:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I have a desk that raises and lowers. (got off of craigslist) but my desk is wide enough that I have a box about 6 inches high I can just move my computer on top. Easy, adjust the wires before. secure in place so they reach both places.

Works well, actually easier than cranking my desk up and down. It looks like I am churning butter.

I taped the box down -just a simple sturdy cardboard box to make sure it will not move other items off of desk. No spilled coffee.

I like to have a height where I can stand up.
pt2014js is offline   Reply With Quote

Uke

To pt2014j's response
Old 09-21-2020, 01:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Thank you for the feedback. We did buy something finally. it looks as if it will work well. I'll keep you posted.