Help

Primary Grades (K-2)

Students with adhd

>

emgirl

Students with adhd
Old 10-08-2020, 03:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have three students with adhd (two officially diagnosed and one in the process). Anyway, all three are not medicated and really struggle with focusing. Fidgets donít work for them. Two of them will swing them/throw them around the class. I have put Velcro inside their desks but they donít use it. Two have the inflatable cushion and one has the desk band.
We are at our desks while I instruct due to covid and have given them the option to stand but they donít like it. I have flipped their desks around that helps a little since they canít rummage through it during instructions. Flex seating is not allowed right now either. Incentives and motivators arenít working.
What other options can I do?

emgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Adhd
Old 10-08-2020, 05:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

First, remember this is out of their control to some point. They NEED to move. How about suggesting they kneel on their chairs, or lean into the desk while standing, or bouncing on their bottoms while working.

Yes, it will drive you nuts, but it can help them. It is soooo hard for these little ones to sustain focus without moving. Even if they have to take a lap around the room, let them.
Keltikmom is online now   Reply With Quote