Help

Resource Teacher

Charlotte Danielson observations

>

nomdeflume

Charlotte Danielson observations
Old 02-23-2013, 08:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Is there a special educator out there who has experience writing the pre-observation form? I am an in-class resource teacher and wonder how I am meant to answer the questions with the breath and depth that seems to be required.

Last edited by nomdeflume; 02-23-2013 at 09:03 PM.. Reason: want to change boards
nomdeflume is offline   Reply With Quote

beachygrl

No experience with this.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My district doesn't use that model, but my 21 years of SpEd experience tells me that our experiences don't typically fit well on one-size-fits-all forms. Decisions are made by people with little understanding of how are days go, and how breadth & depth are vastly different in our little world. I hope you get responses from somebody more helpful, I just wanted to let you know I sympathize!
beachygrl is offline   Reply With Quote

grace slick

form
Old 06-01-2013, 01:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

In may experience the forms have never applied. I complete the check list as if I was a classroom teacher. Then the write in portions I have to give an elaborate description of what I do Don't worry about it your principal knows what you do-
grace slick is offline   Reply With Quote

nannabell

New Observations
Old 06-09-2013, 06:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

We had our end of the year inservice and we were given a new professional growth form to fill out over the summer. We had recently participated in a book study on the Charlotte Danielson book. We are having to do this new teacher evaluation thing and it is making a lot of us very nervous. I have also seen the new pre-observation form and boy is it different. If you don't have the Charlotte book, you may want to get it. A lot of schools are adopting her model to go with this Common Core Curriculum. I am sorry I am not more help than this but I am learning myself.
nannabell is offline   Reply With Quote