Resource Teacher

How to Handle Guided Reading

>

Krobertie

How to Handle Guided Reading
Old 08-31-2014, 09:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello -

I am a new resource room teacher this year. In the past in the resource room setting, I've used Reading A-Z for guided reading and that has worked well. I guess I'm just curious as to what extent I should include the reading that is being done in the general ed. room. How can I combine the two so that the students aren't falling too far behind in their ELA in the gen. ed room? Hope that makes sense!

Krobertie is offline   Reply With Quote

TaffyFL

Reinforce learning
Old 08-31-2014, 10:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

When I did RTI interventions, I would spend the first 10 minutes reinforcing what was going on in class: spelling, vocabulary, reading strategy. Then I would spend the remaining 20 minutes on guided reading. The teachers really seemed to appreciate the reinforcement and they did do better on the tests in class.
TaffyFL is offline   Reply With Quote

alicej

Old 07-21-2015, 04:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I will be a special ed teacher next year that I will have both inclusion and resource students. For the resource students, I plan on going over the students IEP goals and try and match them with the curriculum the classroom teacher is teaching. I have no idea how many students and will get all that information our first week back. I don't expect to meet with any of my students until the second week of school, since once I get the number of students, I will have to work out a schedule tht will work.
Not sure what grade you will be working with.
alicej is offline   Reply With Quote