Help

Visual & Performing Arts

Mother's Day project?

>

Grinner

Mother's Day project?
Old 03-16-2009, 06:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I teach 2nd grade and we need an inexpensive Mother's Day gift that says WOW! Any suggestions?

Grinner is offline   Reply With Quote

bellringer

maybe not WOW
Old 03-19-2009, 02:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

This year I am having the students plant marigolds in styrofoam cups. When mother's day arrives, we will just slip the cups into an attractive mug. I picked up a lot of cute, generic ones at thrift stores and yard sales. Moms will have a pretty flower and a mug for coffee! We'll decorate bags (maybe with construction paper/tissue paper flowers) and make a card. Not fancy, not extravagant (maybe not even WOW), but certainly affordable, doable, and not too time-consuming.
bellringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Mz Rz

Mz Rz

Glass glob magnets
Old 03-23-2009, 07:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Very nice idea- use the glass globs that are sold for the plants- have the students find a pic and words that can be glued on the flat side of the glob. ( the back ) Use clear drying glue...Glue a magnetic strip on the back-let dry and voila! Nice for art and literacy. You can find the larger glass globs at the local Walmart , in any floral department- on line also! GLOBS: The best way to describe is flattened clear marbles!
shaysag

shaysag

old time photo
Old 04-08-2009, 04:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

For Mother's Day I take some of my old prom dresses or other old dresses that will look OK on my kindergarten girls. Top it with a big hat and hold a flower. Snap a Black and White photo.. Parents love them. For the boys I use one of my son's suits that he has outgrown, or a button down white shirt with a bow tie, tie, or suspenders. Top with a grandap hat, golf hat or whatever. Have them hold a flower . I have also used props that I borrowed such as an old suit case, trunk, tea cups and such. dolls, teddybears, ect.
Then I buy frames from the dollar store. They turn out beautifully. I even have doubles made because I want a copy too.

jillywilly75

Exceptional!
Old 05-04-2009, 02:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

This sounds like such a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

jillywilly75 is offline   Reply With Quote