please give suggestions!

>

justgrad

justgrad

please give suggestions!
Old 10-31-2009, 08:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi !

Iam a new teacher and really want your help and some direction. Please suggest me some ideas as to how to go about helping my first graders generate ideas as a group to write a "play " (which they will be acting too) which is a work of everyone. Do I start writing what they have to say....or first give them some independent writing time to think and write their ideas and then to write their ideas as a group on board and then finalizing together.

Also could you please suggest some good book which can give me good ideas about how to handle these type of assignments?

Thank so much, I look foward to all your help.

Fireflie

Plays
Old 04-06-2010, 10:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Do you do Reader's Theatre in class? It could provide them with the experience with presenting that might help them when it comes to brainstorming for writing their own plays. Our reading books also have plays in them. Also the themed books have a lot of ideas in them for plays. You can find them in any catalog or teacher store. They come in themes for certain books or general themes.
Fireflie is offline   Reply With Quote