Help

BusyBoard

Master Schedules

>

kahluablast

Master Schedules
Old 12-13-2018, 08:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Would anyone be willing to share master calendars with me? We are trying to be creative and think outside our box to find ways to optimize our scheduling.

We are a relatively small school - 350 students with 17 classrooms. We get 1 full-time PE teacher, a part-time librarian, and alternate music and art every year. We have gotten art fulltime the last couple of years, but music we usually get part-time.

It is really hard to make everything happen that we want to happen and are considering changing things up this coming year if we can come up with a different schedule.

kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

iteachk2010

Old 12-15-2018, 09:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I don't have an actual master schedule. We are a small PreS-Grade 1 school.We have about 280 students in 12 gen ed K and 1. Our special education classes attend the special area classes with their homerooms. Right now we have 2 preschool inclusion class and 2 self-contained preschool classes that are half-day, but that is changing in January to 4 full-day preschool classes and 2 half-day self-contained preschool classes so things might change.

We have one full-time PE teacher. He has K classes 3 days a week for PE and 1st grade classes-1 day for PE and 1 day for health. (30 min classes) We are supposed to have 150 total minutes of PE/Health each week so the classroom teacher makes up the remaining minutes do teacher-directed PE activities.

We have a part-time art teacher. The art teacher from the Grade 4-5 school comes one day for art classes for 1st grade. A different art teacher from the Grades 2-3 school comes one day for art classes for K. (30 min classes)

We have a part-time music teacher. The music teacher from the Grade 4-5 school comes one day for music classes for 1st grade. A different music teacher from the Grades 2-3 school comes one day for music classes for K. (30 min classes)

We have a school librarian that we share with another school. She is in our school 4 days. She teaches K classes (45 minutes) and 1st grade classes (30 or 45 minutes?). She also does STEAM class for 1st grade. (30 or 45 minutes?)

1st grade classes also do online Spanish lessons. We used to have a Spanish teacher, but she was moved to the middle school. This is the first year doing the online lessons. We don't have a computer lab so it is done in the classroom. I'm not sure if the classroom teacher introduces the lesson on the Smartboard first and students work on the iPads or if the students just work at their own pace on the iPads.

We also have a school counselor who is housed in our school, but goes to other schools. She visits our classrooms once a week for a 30 minute guidance lesson and meets with small groups of identified students. (Unless there is a problem at another school or a HIB investigation.)

Things look good on paper and meet the required minutes, but my schedule is not realistic. My students have 5 minutes after math to wash hands/use bathroom/get lunchboxes and get to the cafeteria for lunch.They have 5 minutes after lunch to get back to the classroom/put away lunchboxes/use bathroom/get coats on and get outside for recess. Then they have 5 minutes to get in from recess/put away coats/use bathroom and get to our special. UGH! Try doing that with kindergarten students who are oblivious to time.
iteachk2010 is offline   Reply With Quote