Help

BusyBoard

1-to-1 Ipads

>

linderdm

1-to-1 Ipads
Old 12-04-2018, 08:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Our fifth grade is getting 1-to-1 iPads in January. Does anyone have this for their class? What are your best uses /activities? It's exciting, but overwhelming!

linderdm is offline   Reply With Quote

Ally

Old 12-05-2018, 08:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My class shares a set with another. We really like Pictello. I also like Scratch for coding. And you can get an EPIC account and the kids can read online. There are a lot of great math apps for fact practice as well. Enjoy!
Ally is offline   Reply With Quote

ReadQuest

Learning Management System?
Old 12-06-2018, 12:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Does your school or district have an LMS (Moodle, Blackboard, Canvas)? If so, you'll be able to create quizzes, assignments, etc. for your students to do.
ReadQuest is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 12-06-2018, 06:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

If I had one to one devices, I would probably use/pay for NearPod. I like the interactivity. Flipgrid is a newer sharing site that has lots of flexibility in use. Edpuzzle or Google Classroom in conjunction with lots of other sites for educational activities.
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

Gigi814

Old 12-07-2018, 08:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Every class I have taught has loved Kahoot.

Gigi814 is online now   Reply With Quote

MuggleTeach

Nearpod, YES!
Old 12-07-2018, 07:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

That is by far THE BEST most used app/site in my classes. I use it with 1-5 grade. With my position now, my district pays for the premium package (I think that's what it's called). There is a free version that limits what you can do. I am hoping to go back to MS next year. I will pay out of pocket for the premium package if I have to. It is a gamechanger!

In addition, I really like Pic Collage. It has a ton of benefits and is great for visual learners.
MuggleTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

Sprite

Old 12-07-2018, 10:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Quote:
Every class I have taught has loved Kahoot.
Me too!

Have you heard of seesaw? I recently heard of it.. I don't have any experience with it but it looks interesting.

Reading Plus for sustained silent reading fluency.
Sprite is offline   Reply With Quote

iteachk2010

Old 12-08-2018, 08:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I love Google Classroom. It is easy to create different assignments to push out to your class or specific students. Even my K students are creating Google Slides by the end of the year-inserting text, shapes, images, dragging/resizing, ... I created observation notebooks using Google Slides when we observed caterpillars-to-butterflies and seeds-to-plants. Students were able to easily use the iPad camera to take photos and upload from the camera roll into their slides. Then they added text to write what they observed.

There is one drawback about doing it on iPads. The Google apps don't have the same functionality on iPads. i.e. You can't do a Google Image Search. There is no Google Drawing. There is no audio recording for Google apps. :-(

Seesaw is a great way to have student show their understanding of concepts and to share their work with their families. It is a digital portfolio. Students can take photos, draw, record audio-even do a short video. Teachers can create their own activities or select an activity from the Activity Library. You can easily check to see who has completed/uploaded an activity. This week I set up one iPad on a stand and had my students do a video recording of themselves reading a book.

The one drawback about creating activities is that if you want specific images for students to move (i.e. picture sort), you can't insert images. So far, you can just add text and emojis (which is very limiting) to drag. You can use you own images to create a background for your activity. I create those in Google Slides. I download the slide as a jpeg. Then upload that saved image for the background.

I know how much my kindergarten students are able to do with Google Classroom and Seesaw. I can only imagine all the possibilities your fifth graders could do.

I agree with PP about Kahoot.
iteachk2010 is online now   Reply With Quote