Help

BusyBoard

$200-500 to spend

>

tia

$200-500 to spend
Old 12-12-2018, 12:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

i always laugh when i see these posts, thinking: don't you know what you want/need??? and now here i am.

i have a very generous parent who is donating $250 to our class. (she suggest i do something exciting with it.) since the parent works at a big-wig company, they match donations. apparently the company is doing so well, they have recently been double-matching!

i'm spending $300 to get a subscription to ixl--this way we can use it in-class for every subject and for as many practice problems as we want. also, i can have the students practice problems at home! (not exciting, but something every student will use and i've really wanted)

now i will either have $200 left or possibly $450!!! (again, the parent is looking for me to do something big/interesting/meaningful, and i don't want to disappoint)

i wrote a grant a couple years ago for all sorts of art materials that i wouldn't normally get---and that would be my go-to for reimbursement, but i still have a lot of materials left.

the student REALLY loves to read...if that helps with ideas....

any ideas?

tia is offline   Reply With Quote

KatieViolet

Old 12-12-2018, 01:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I would get some coding robots. The students can learn to program them and then make the robots move/do stuff from the coding. I don't have a recommendation about which kinds, but my daughter's teacher had some fun ones in 1st grade that she loved! I bet they have all kinds to choose from.
KatieViolet is offline   Reply With Quote

tia

Old 12-12-2018, 01:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

THAT is a GREAT idea! (scary for me because NOT "up my alley") so i guess i'll have to stretch out of my comfort zone and learn something... thanks!!!
tia is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Money
Old 12-12-2018, 02:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Is there a really cool field trip that would normally be prohibitively expensive?
Keltikmom is online now   Reply With Quote