Help

BusyBoard

Teachers

>

mhugs

Teachers
Old 12-16-2018, 01:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

My prayers and good thoughts are with you as you head into the week before holiday vacation. Who ever wrote "it's the most wonderful time of the year" did not teach school
May you be protected from over zealous room parents, the sick kids who get sent to school "cause mom needs to finish her shopping, flaked out students who thought vacation started last week, and principals who have just one more thing...
You will have earned your break!

mhugs is offline   Reply With Quote

rana712

Ha, ha
Old 12-16-2018, 01:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Thanks so much. I was thinking this last week as I went into survival mode. I lowered my expectations, told myself to be patient and to think like a young child. I tell the kids to practice empathy and now I am going to start practicing it myself!
rana712 is online now   Reply With Quote

twinmom95

Old 12-16-2018, 02:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I go until Friday at 3:30. The kids started checking out LAST Monday haha
twinmom95 is offline   Reply With Quote

anna

Old 12-16-2018, 02:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thanks so much for the encouragement. We have a Christmas Program and Party this week as well as an all school sing a long.
anna is online now   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 12-16-2018, 03:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

This keeps popping up on my FB feed and I love it. Itís so true, especially this year.

Iím checking in on my PT teacher friends; current and retired.

Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE
GreyhoundGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

arsabl

Teachers
Old 12-16-2018, 05:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

This is the week our P usually asks for detailed lesson plans. Weíre trying to wrap things up for two weeks off while keeping students engaged and she wants lesson plans. She was a teacher before a P and should be kinder.
arsabl is offline   Reply With Quote

Zia

Old 12-16-2018, 06:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

This week is nuts! I have a field trip to a nursing home to sing our Holiday concert tomorrow, then the Holiday Concert at school for families Wednesday morning, with a class/family quesadilla party right after. That goes until 1 and then I am hosting a catered staff luncheon that begins at 1:15. I tagged my AP to pick up the food, but he drives a pickup, so he has to borrow my car to go get it. I'm hoping he sets it all up for me! Then, after the luncheon, I have to get all student work off the hallway walls to make room for the Polar Express train we made that spans the length of the entire wing. Then set up my room for the Santa Secret Reveal Breakfast in my room Thursday morning at 7:45. Then the mayhem of 100 Kinders in jammies with hot cocoa seeing the train and watching the movie. Then taking it all down. Then happy hour at a bar after. I may or may not change out of my jammies before going to the bar.

I'm exhausted thinking about it all! Thank goodness we have Friday off. I guarantee I will be day drinking!
Zia is offline   Reply With Quote

4leaves

You get Friday off?
Old 12-16-2018, 09:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Have a drink for me and please be wearing your jammies! I donít want to go to bed tonight because then I have to get up tomorrow and see what I see! I hope it will be swell - new superintendant is coming with 20-30 important people on Tuesday to visit each classroom of our new building -just ignore visitors and carry on teaching... oh sure. Happy almost vacation to everyone!
4leaves is offline   Reply With Quote

Zia

Old 12-17-2018, 05:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

My gosh 4leaves, who thought the last week before break was a good time for the muckety mucks to start wandering around? I am so sorry and yes, I will definitely toast you Thursday from the bar! Jammies are still a maybe for the bar, but a for sure on Friday.
Zia is offline   Reply With Quote

Coopsgrammy

I'm Crazy
Old 12-17-2018, 03:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I am retired, but have agreed to do a Junior Achievement lesson for 5 classes at the local middle school on the day before Christmas break. At first, I didn't realize it, but then, I decided that those teachers will really need the break that day. I think if I am not crazy now, I will be by the end of the day.

Coopsgrammy is online now   Reply With Quote

Kinderkr4zy

Old 12-18-2018, 07:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

4leaves I had an unannounced observation by the director of students services 2 days before Christmas break when I was clearing my credential.

After that I decided I couldn't trust her knowledge of what its really like in a classroom (anyone who doesn't something like that has been in the district office to long and has lost touch).
Kinderkr4zy is offline   Reply With Quote