Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

End Times...

>

eliza4one

End Times...
Old 09-08-2020, 06:09 PM

Does anyone ever think about the end times (biblical)?

I do sometimes wonder with all that is going on in the world...

Not here to debate, argue, etc.

Just curious as to others' thoughts. I realize we know not the time...

(Keltikmom's post got me thinking...)

eliza4one is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 09-08-2020, 06:15 PM

Yes, I've thought about it. I grew up super religious but am not really now. I asked my mom what she thought about it and she thinks this is just our "cross to bear" like other generations who lived through things like the Holocaust. Everything was so awful then yet time went on. It does seem like an awful lot happening though...
Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

End times
Old 09-08-2020, 06:19 PM

Since high school, when everyone was worried about the Cold War and Hiroshima was still a present memory, I said I wanted to be dead center of the next bomb. I still feel that way.

And I am extremely sad that so many people, not just here, are having this conversation.
Keltikmom is offline   Reply With Quote

MKat

Old 09-08-2020, 06:25 PM

I don't honestly feel like it's "end times" but it is feeling very apocalyptic. Covid isolation has been hard enough, but when it looks (and smells) like a bad sci fi movie outside due to the wildfires it's even worse. I had to take an "I'm depressed" nap this afternoon.

Last edited by MKat; 09-08-2020 at 07:36 PM..
MKat is offline   Reply With Quote

elepen

Old 09-08-2020, 06:37 PM

I feel like most of you. Very weird times were living. If itís not the end times we are getting very close

elepen is offline   Reply With Quote

anna

Old 09-08-2020, 06:47 PM

I listen to a music channel on tv during the day and it has quotes to read on the tv screen. One of my favorite ones says something about dwelling in the past makes one depressed,dwelling in the future makes one anxious and dwelling on the now makes one happy. I'm sticking to that one. Every day for weeks has been tough but there's always at least one bright spot for me. Hang in there everyone.
anna is offline   Reply With Quote

PoohBear

end times
Old 09-08-2020, 07:24 PM

I've studied end times theology and one of the most important aspects is that we don't know and we're not supposed to know. We're supposed to live our lives with the knowledge it could end tomorrow (which it does for the 1000s of people who die each day around the world) or it could end a thousand or more years from now.

There has been conflict and cataclysmic change on earth for millenia and yet here we still are. I do think that we, as a world, need to do things differently if we expect to continue to have life as we currently know it. I don't think it does anyone any good to look for signs of the end times. Like, Anna, I feel like we need to live each day to the fullest.
PoohBear is online now   Reply With Quote

Song of Joy

Old 09-08-2020, 08:46 PM

It's hard to tell if it's end times or not because there have been many harsh times through the ages. But the one thing that is different now is that Israel is a nation with Jerusalem as its recognized capital. That is very note worthy.

I hope these upsetting times are causing people to think about their spiritual lives, their relationship to God and where their hope comes from. Scripture promises believers a peace that passes all understanding - it's a precious promise and one I cling to.
Song of Joy is offline   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Old 09-08-2020, 10:05 PM

My sister-in-law and I were talking about this last night. We both agreed that parts of Revelations is being seen. I feel as if the seals are being broken. Not sure if it is the end of the world, but I hope we can reverse this horrible year.

I did read a head line today about a white buffalo being born in Montana. Native Americans see the white buffalo as a sign of hope.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...al-tribes.html
klarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

SassyTeach

Well...
Old 09-09-2020, 01:29 AM

I do think we are heading to end times, as the world is ALL SORTS of messed up, but, speaking purely Biblical, the end times won't really begin until the Rapture. When that happens, the seven years of Tribulation will begin.

Also, we haven't seen the Antichrist show up yet, and he will definitely be playing a large role in end times events.

So, as messed up as things are, for those of us that believe the Biblical timeline, they aren't even remotely as horrible as what they will be when the end times come...if you can believe that. 😳

SassyTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

Teach 5

End times
Old 09-09-2020, 02:43 AM

No, not at all. Things have been difficult for many generations. War, the Great Depression, etc. I think one thing that makes it all seem worse is the unrelenting news media. In the past, people didnít know everything that happened everywhere or they only heard about it on the 6:00 news. Now we hear about everything all day long. It magnifies it and makes it seem even worse.
Teach 5 is offline   Reply With Quote

CatLove

I don't think so
Old 09-09-2020, 02:57 AM

....although it seems like it because a lot of it is happening in our part of the world (plus the 24 news). Terrible things have been going on in other parts of the world for thousands of years.
CatLove is offline   Reply With Quote

MAsped

Old 09-09-2020, 04:39 AM

I've been raised going to church my entire life. The current pastor at the church my Mom and I last attend talked about it recently. He said to "be ready" (if this is it). Who knows.

I personally don't like to think about it. Fiance', Mom, and I have a lot more living to do!
MAsped is offline   Reply With Quote

Cassyree

Old 09-09-2020, 05:36 AM

I find that the people who talk and preach the most about end times are the same people whose beliefs, actions, fears, and ignorance put us in danger of actually ending time.
Cassyree is offline   Reply With Quote

sonoma

Old 09-09-2020, 06:27 AM

I have often thought during the past few weeks if this is how the world is going to end.
sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote

EnglishRose

End times?
Old 09-09-2020, 07:44 AM

In the old testament, when the Israelites fell away from God, God withdrew His protection from them . The enemies overtook them, and terrible oppression resulted.

No one knows when or what about the end of time. I do, however, feel that we are being tested.

A friend of mine the other told me he was waiting for the swarm of locusts or for the Nile to turn red. 😊
EnglishRose is offline   Reply With Quote

Gromit

Old 09-09-2020, 07:58 AM

I agree with PoohBear. The only thing that matters is that we don't know, and we're supposed to live both as though it will happen tomorrow and as though it's still another 2 millenia away.

2 Peter 3-11-12 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming.

Quote:
[MASped's pastor] said to "be ready" (if this is it).
The point is to "be ready" always. That is, Christians should be living as Christians all the time. The parable of the ten virgins in Matthew 25 is exactly that lesson. We do not know and will not know when Jesus is returning, so we need to live always as if he is and isn'treturning now. We should be holy and faithful, committed to God spiritually, as well as outward focused and generous, committed to enacting his Kingdom on earth (which doesn't mean bullying people into doing what we want, see below for what it means).

John 9:4 As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work.

The Apostles thought, just a few years after Jesus' death, that the end times were coming soon. God, in his eternity, probably has a very different idea about "soon" than we do.

But ultimately it doesn't matter because our focus should be unaffected by any circumstances around us.

God has shown us what is required of us.

Micah 6:8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

The US could use a little more acting justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly.

Quote:
I do think we are heading to end times, as the world is ALL SORTS of messed up, but, speaking purely Biblical, the end times won't really begin until the Rapture. When that happens, the seven years of Tribulation will begin.
Only if you believe Revelation talks about a pre-trib rapture.
Gromit is online now   Reply With Quote

marguerite2

Old 09-09-2020, 10:48 AM

I’m more in line with Haley23’s mom’s thinking.

English Rose, don’t tell your friend about the Africa locust swarms.
https://apnews.com/3a94858d9ba8c642e80fa3c141c9a8f8

My brother and I spent the spring emailing each other things that we saw online. We call them chapters in a new Steven King novel.
- locust swarms in Africa
- radioactive releasing fires in Siberia
- murder hornets
- dog killing giant toads
- New Zealand town terrorized by feral chickens
- swarm of flying ants 50 miles wide over UK
- Arctic zombie fires

Weird stuff has always and will always happen.

Last edited by marguerite2; 09-09-2020 at 01:23 PM.. Reason: grammar
marguerite2 is offline   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 09-09-2020, 10:55 AM

I can't say the thought has not crossed my mind lately, but for the most part end times have not been a major part of my Christian life. I was born into, raised and still am part of the same Christian denomination, (Lutheran, ELCA) one which puts the emphasis on "Always be ready because we know not the day nor the hour." My brother who is also a Lutheran pastor once told DH and me that he never preaches on it (except for the Advent season when Christ's second coming is emphasized) because so many theologians have so many different interpretations. He tells his congregation to always be prepared and ready and leave the rest up to God!

Nancy
BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

jazzer

Old 09-09-2020, 12:19 PM

Growing up, I remember hearing people say that if there was ever a World War 3, it would be a nuclear war and it would end the world.

Every now and then I think about that, but part of me does not believe that this would happen, at least not in my lifetime. As others have mentioned, our world has gone through many bad things and still exists.

The fact that people are having fewer children, and more are choosing to remain childless does mean to me that if this trend continues, eventually people could become extinct. The land will always exist in some form.
jazzer is offline   Reply With Quote

twin2

Not sure if end of times
Old 09-09-2020, 02:28 PM

I don't know if we are in the end of times, but believe that doesn't matter if a person is ready. A person living a life that lines up with the Bible can claim the promises of God.

I keep thinking about the old testament stories, how the Lord gave them a space to repent. I've wondered if this is end times or just a time for us to decide whom we will serve. Maybe we will see another great awakening. I wonder if he is telling us to get ready because he is coming soon.

I have had this conversation with others and have heard preachers speak on the matter. We do see things happening now that we never dreamed we'd see. The one thing that stands out to me, and I'm not pointing to just one idea, but the Bible says good will be called evil and evil will be called good in the last days. I don't have anything else to add biblically that hasn't already been said in other responses to the original poster. I just don't know where we are in time, but I want to be ready. I can't dwell on this but I need to be aware.
twin2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Englishish

Meh
Old 09-09-2020, 02:30 PM

Every age has its suffering. The Apostles thought the end was nigh; here we are. I donít worry about it.
Englishish is offline   Reply With Quote