Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Saturday Survey:)

>

Mhiag

Saturday Survey:)
Old 10-17-2020, 01:44 AM

1. Do you ever use a regular camera to take pictures or do you just use your phone?
2. Do you think you will remain a teacher until you retire or go into another field?
3. Do you like hot chocolate/cocoa?
4. What tv show or movie could you watch over and over again and not get tired of it?
5. If you started a new business, who would you choose to be your business partner?

Mhiag is offline   Reply With Quote

bandmom

Old 10-17-2020, 02:29 AM

1. No, I don't. It's all done on the "phone."
2. With only 5 to 7 years left, age 60, and no marketable skills, I'll be teaching 'till I retire.
3. I'm not a fan of cocoa.
4. So many to choose from, but will keep it seasonal and go with It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown and Young Frankenstein.
5. I have a neighbor who would make a great business partner. She's intelligent and personable and savvy. I have no idea what the business would be, though!
bandmom is offline   Reply With Quote

mhugs

Old 10-17-2020, 03:43 AM

1. neither not much of a picture taker
2. entered classroom teaching mid-life retired from there
3. yes I like hot cocoa
4. A Christmas Story
5. Maybe oldest DD

mhugs is offline   Reply With Quote

ICrazyTeach

Old 10-17-2020, 04:14 AM

1. I'm not sure we even have a regular camera around here anymore.
2. I'm too far in to make a change at this point. I really don't have a desire to anything else anyway.
3. Yes!
4. There are so many movies on that list for me. I have several I watch during the Christmas season each year (White Christmas tops that list) and others I have seen more times than I can count. As far as shows, I am always happy to watch reruns of Friends or Seinfeld.
5. I always said if I won the lottery (which I don't play) that I would open my own school. There are a few coworkers from over the years I would want to be involved.
ICrazyTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

hand

Old 10-17-2020, 04:22 AM

1. Do you ever use a regular camera to take pictures or do you just use your phone?
Just my phone lately.

2. Do you think you will remain a teacher until you retire or go into another field?
Retired after 37 years.

Yes

4. What tv show or movie could you watch over and over again and not get tired of it?
Pretty Woman

5. If you started a new business, who would you choose to be your business partner?
DH

hand is offline   Reply With Quote

juliet4

Survey
Old 10-17-2020, 04:26 AM

1. Usually my phone.
2. I was a social worker before I was a teacher. Both were the same retirement system. Thank goodness!
3. No, not really. I eat very little sugar.
4. Wizard of Oz and Sound of Music.
5. My husband.
juliet4 is offline   Reply With Quote

puzzle1mom

Old 10-17-2020, 04:35 AM

1. I don't even know where my digital camera is anymore. I only use my phone.

2 I'll teach until retirement - I'm almost 50. Not changing careers at this point.

3. I do like it when it's chilly outside.

4. The Birdcage and Office Space. **Edited to add: Seinfeld! *saw this on ICrazyTeach's response and had to add!*

5. My friend, Jane. She and I both have young adult sons with autism and we really just *get* each other. She's also very smart and business savvy.
puzzle1mom is offline   Reply With Quote

MAsped

Old 10-17-2020, 04:45 AM

1. I do, in fact, I just started using my phone to take pics about a year ago probably.

2. No, other field

3. Yes!

4. I Love Lucy is the only show I can really think of!

5. Fiance'
MAsped is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

Answers
Old 10-17-2020, 05:07 AM

1. Do you ever use a regular camera to take pictures or do you just use your phone? Just my phone
2. Do you think you will remain a teacher until you retire or go into another field? I think I'll remain in the field of education. I'd like to be a stay at home mom if I ever have kids and if it's possible, but I think. I would still miss teaching and would maybe like to sub then or something. However, I can't see myself really doing another career field. Maybe a school secretary, I think I'd like that, but I don't see myself doing anything outside of a school.
3. Do you like hot chocolate/cocoa? Yes
4. What tv show or movie could you watch over and over again and not get tired of it? Hmm...that's hard. I could think of a lot but because I never watched them over and over again, it's hard to say if I'd get sick of them!
5. If you started a new business, who would you choose to be your business partner? I honestly have no desire to start a business, but I guess if I had to pick someone, I would pick my mom.
Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 10-17-2020, 05:09 AM

1. I only use my phone. It mostly does great.
2. I did retire from teaching. I loved teaching and feel terribly sorry for those working this year.
3. I love hot chocolate but rarely have it because a personal rule is to not drink calories.
4. I do watch Law & Order over and over.
5. My business partner would definitely be my BF from teaching. Weíre thought partners.

amiga13 is online now   Reply With Quote

mommy9298

Old 10-17-2020, 05:40 AM

Mostly on my phone. I use my camera for major events.
Yes, Iím in year 32. However, I donít know if I could last if I had less than 10 years in education.
Yes!
Friends, The Birdcage
I could never run a business. If I did Iíd pick my brother who has a successful business.
mommy9298 is offline   Reply With Quote

arsabl

Sat. Survey
Old 10-17-2020, 05:40 AM

1. Both but mostly my phone

2. Today, I just donít know. I hate the job of teaching this year. Iíd like to get out of the profession, but I need a decent job to replace this one. I am old enough to retire, but my pension would not cover my monthly needs.

3. Not that much.

4. Mary Tyler Moore

5. No interest in this.
arsabl is online now   Reply With Quote

tctrojan

Old 10-17-2020, 05:47 AM

No
Retired from teaching
Yes
CSI
It would depend on the business.
tctrojan is online now   Reply With Quote

3monkeys

Old 10-17-2020, 06:30 AM

I have a nice "regular" camera, but haven't used it in probably 2-3 years.

I'm seriously considering doing something else. This year is killing me and my desire to teach.

Yes. With lots of marshmallows.

Hmmm...I don't know...I don't like to watch anything over and over. I need something new and fresh to me. Same with books.

Hmmmm...not my husband ...I don't know...
3monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote

Ima Teacher

Old 10-17-2020, 06:38 AM

I haven't used my regular camera in a long time, but DH has a really nice camera that he uses pretty often. I just use my phone.

I'm on year 28 in the district, but year 25.7 for retirement. I need to get 27 years or age 55 (I'm 50.) to retire. I'm in it for the long haul. I'd always planned to stay until 55, but now I'm thinking about going after 27 years. This virtual teaching is not for me.

No. I'm not a huge chocolate fan, and it makes my teeth feel gross.

I've watched Dirty Dancing, Pretty Woman, Silence of the Lambs, Sling Blade, Christmas Vacation, CSI Miami, Law & Order SVU.

My BFF and another friend have jokingly talked about doing an event planning and catering business when we retire. Now that we are at that age, we are mulling it over again. My DH and I could also do business together.
Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

md2dkh3

Old 10-17-2020, 06:48 AM

1. phone only

2. Retired from teaching

3. I like it but can't remember the last time I drank any - several years ago

4. There are some that I could watch again but not over and over

5. Probably my DDs and/or my brother
md2dkh3 is offline   Reply With Quote

bookgeek59

Old 10-17-2020, 07:02 AM

Mostly I use my phone. I do have a point and shoot digital camera around here somewhere.

I'll be pretty young when I hit my 30 years, then I'm out. If I could afford to buy out some of my remaining 5 years, I'd retire sooner. I'll have to work after teaching, but not full time. I'll need the money and more importantly, the routine.

3. Do you like hot chocolate/cocoa? Yes!

The Office, MASH, or Big Bang Theory.

Depends on the business, but probably my bestie. She's organized, positive, and goal oriented.
bookgeek59 is offline   Reply With Quote

2teach2

Saturday Survey
Old 10-17-2020, 07:30 AM

1. I just use my phone to take pictures.
2. I could retire right now, but will probably teach for 2 more years. Once I'm retired, I can see myself working part time at a 'fun' place like Kirklands or Bath and BodyWorks.
3. Yes, I like hot chocolate.
4. Does Jeopardy or Wheel of Fortune count? I could also watch Big Bang Theory or the movies Legally Blonde or Father of the Bride.
5. I would choose my teaching partner to be my business partner. We get along great, and she is very creative!
2teach2 is offline   Reply With Quote

GreenBunny

Old 10-17-2020, 07:52 AM

99% of the time, I use my phone. Very rarely, I'll use Man's SLR but it's just toom much work.
I retired 3 years ago, subbed for 2.5 years (Covid!), and now teach art at a community centre. I'll be a teacher until I die.
No. It's a migraine waiting to happen
The Princess Bride springs to mind.
I don't know anyone I'd want to be in business with.
GreenBunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Survey
Old 10-17-2020, 08:36 AM

Just my phone.

I was an executive secretary before I got my credential in my 40ís. Now Iím retired. Not going to work at all.

Yes, especially with whipped cream and brandy.

Last of the Mohicans, the original version of The Women, and agree with Princess Bride.

My original teaching partner. We shared a classroom and I learned so much from her. We are still best friends.
Keltikmom is offline   Reply With Quote

EllaKate

Old 10-17-2020, 09:28 AM

1. All on my phone. Don't even own a regular camera.

2. Yes as I hope to retire in about 3 years.

3. Yes, I like hot chocolate!

4. Longmire

5. not sure!
EllaKate is offline   Reply With Quote

sonoma

Old 10-17-2020, 09:50 AM

Do you ever use a regular camera to take pictures or do you just use your phone?

Just my phone. I love taking pictures with my 35mm and panorama cameras but no local places to process film.

Do you think you will remain a teacher until you retire or go into another field?

I taught for 30 years then retired

Do you like hot chocolate/cocoa?

I like good hot chocolate.

What tv show or movie could you watch over and over again and not get tired of it?

criminal minds

If you started a new business, who would you choose to be your business partner?

No one. I need to be in charge.
sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 10-17-2020, 10:20 AM

1. I have not owned a regular camera for at least 7-8 years now. I was actually very late to the smart phone bandwagon, but once I had it I saw no need for another camera.

2. I will probably remain in teaching. I do have this dream of finding some sort of job where I could just teach kids to read and not have to deal with any of the school nonsense. I've joked about starting my own business. Don't see it happening in reality, though.

3. Yes

4. Gilmore Girls

5. I have no answer for this, which is one of the many reasons the "reading business" is just a pipe dream .
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

happygal

Survey
Old 10-17-2020, 06:48 PM

Saturday again already?

I bought a digital camera, hate it. I use my phone.

I work as a substitute. Love it.

No, love chocolate, but not usually hot liquid milky chocolate. Once on a date at Christmas festival I had peppermint snaups from a street vendor. That was good!

Golden Girls. Never fails to make me chuckle. The delivery, chemistry between actors, script. Golden.

My sister, but doubt she would want to.
happygal is offline   Reply With Quote

SusanTeach

Old 10-17-2020, 06:48 PM

1. phone and Polaroid

2. teacher

3. yes, but only if I'm cold

4. Friends and You've Got Mail

5. nobody
SusanTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 10-17-2020, 06:58 PM

1. Do you ever use a regular camera to take pictures or do you just use your phone? Just phone

2. Do you think you will remain a teacher until you retire or go into another field? I retired from public schools and now teach PreK in a private childcare center.

3. Do you like hot chocolate/cocoa? Love it!

4. What tv show or movie could you watch over and over again and not get tired of it? Ferris Beuller's Day Off, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Angels in the Outfield, The Shack, reruns of political debates from SNL

5. If you started a new business, who would you choose to be your business partner? DH

Nancy
BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Old 10-17-2020, 07:17 PM

1. Do you ever use a regular camera to take pictures or do you just use your phone? regular camera

2. Do you think you will remain a teacher until you retire or go into another field? I retired from teaching. I worked in the business world before returning to school to get my teaching degree.

3. Do you like hot chocolate/cocoa? Yes.

4. What tv show or movie could you watch over and over again and not get tired of it? Big Bang Theory & Friends

5. If you started a new business, who would you choose to be your business partner? I have no idea.
klarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Linda/OH

Old 10-18-2020, 01:52 AM

1. Do you ever use a regular camera to take pictures or do you just use your phone? Occasionally.
2. Do you think you will remain a teacher until you retire or go into another field? I did, just retired this year.
3. Do you like hot chocolate/cocoa? I do in the winter.
4. What tv show or movie could you watch over and over again and not get tired of it? The West Wing tv show. and The Office.
5. If you started a new business, who would you choose to be your business partner? My daughter.
Linda/OH is offline   Reply With Quote