Help

BusyBoard

19 days

>

Sbkangas5

19 days
Old 10-27-2020, 04:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

19 more days of distance learning. I am so over it, and cannot wait to be back in my classroom!! Two of those days my student teacher is taking over, so I can kind of not count those. 17! Friday is all Halloween stuff, so I won't count that one. 16! And the day before we come back will just be, well, getting ready to come back. So I'm not going to count that. 15! I can survive 15 more days!

Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

2teach2

Old 10-27-2020, 05:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

You can do it! I'm sure the kids are looking forward to being in class, too!
2teach2 is online now   Reply With Quote

TAOEP

Old 10-27-2020, 06:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Is your area doing well with the virus? Around me schools that were doing hybrid learning are switching to full remote because more people are getting sick.
TAOEP is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 10-27-2020, 06:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Quote:
Is your area doing well with the virus?
Not to be a debbie downer, but this is what I wondered too. Things are SO much worse here now. We've been in person since day 1, but several other area districts went remote for the first quarter. I feel like they missed their chance to b in person. Things were mostly fine first quarter, now numbers are horrible and climbing like crazy. Now those districts are trying to come back just as things are 10x worse than when they originally decided to go remote .

Our big city district was one of those. They just announced tonight that everyone except for a few special groups will be back to remote, about a week after they went back in person. That county is back on stay at home order because numbers are so bad. Another big district that had also been making "go back in person" plans just stopped and announced they are remote until January now- I guess at least their teachers didn't have to do all of the planning work to go back, only to make it a few days!

My district is using a data metric that's supposed to say if we're in person or remote. We keep teetering back and forth right on the line. I'm just trying to fit in as much as possible in person because who knows how many more days we have.
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

hikinghiker

Jealous!
Old 10-28-2020, 07:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Teaching Kindergarten online is not great! I know you'll enjoy having your little ones back in the classroom. My district is voting on possibly going hybrid soon, and I'm crossing my fingers! I know the virus is still running rampant, but there are many schools who are doing absolutely fine with no increase in cases caused by schools. All depends on good leadership and protocols. Hope everything works out well for your school.

hikinghiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 10-28-2020, 04:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Quote:
Is your area doing well with the virus?
Thankfully, yes. If you don't count the frat house fiasco of a few days ago we have only had about 2-3 cases per day (in an area of about 150,000) for many weeks now. We've been in a slow and steady decline for a few months. Most private schools in our area opened up a few weeks ago and so far so good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it stays this way!
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote