Special Education

New Teacher - Assessments first week

>

Krobertie

New Teacher - Assessments first week
Old 08-18-2014, 03:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello all -

I am a new resource room teacher. I had the benefit of getting hired toward the end of the school year so I was able to meet with the teacher I will be replacing. She mentioned that I would need to test one of the students pretty much the first week of school. Now, in my grad program, I learned that you test the student based on their specific needs and what you think would be the best instrument to test them with. As I will be testing this student early on in the year, and so, won't really be privvy to too many details regarding her academic experience, what instruments would I use to assess her? My district uses the WIAT - should I stick with this and whatever other instruments were used when she was initially tested (this is a three year eval?) Any thoughts appreciated!

Krobertie is offline   Reply With Quote

mrsh66

Old 08-19-2014, 06:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Start with what your district uses. Once you get that back you might need to do some informal testing to identify more specific needs.
mrsh66 is offline   Reply With Quote