Books, Guided Reading & Literature

What to do instead of Basal test

>

guest2348

guest2348

What to do instead of Basal test
Old 04-10-2013, 03:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm looking for ideas of what I can do at the end of the Basal story week instead of the test.

What other ways do you have your students show you they understand and comprehend the story?

Thank you for your ideas!

R/W fan

Old 04-12-2013, 11:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Some different ideas that I could think of is maybe do a few centers where one could be sequencing, another could be a crossword puzzle of their vocabulary and then have them write a short story using their vocabulary words, another could be that they have to come up with a logical, alternative ending to the story. Another one could be where they draw what happened in the story, kind of like a comic strip or a story board. The students could reenact the story in different groups. Another idea would be having the students fill out a graphic organizer telling the main character, setting, problem, solution, etc about the story. And these don't have to be centers. You could present them as projects and have each group pick which one they want to do and then have each group present them to the rest of the class. Or just pick one or two for the whole class to do and have sharing time at the end.

Again, these are just a few that I thought of. If you don't understand one, then let me know and I can better explain them to you.

I hope these help and are what you are looking for.
R/W fan is offline   Reply With Quote

GooseCreeker

Alternatives to basal test
Old 04-14-2013, 06:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Check out Dinah Zikes and her many foldables. These are great for interactive notebooks that you could develop for the story...it's a good way to use the writing skills to monitor the comprehension.
GooseCreeker is offline   Reply With Quote