Help

Books, Guided Reading & Literature

Paperless

>

truelove2

Paperless
Old 03-30-2014, 03:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Next year for Reading/Social Studies/ Grammar I want to go paperless. Any suggestions on what activities I can do without using worksheets?

truelove2 is offline   Reply With Quote

shellea

Thinking maps!
Old 04-01-2014, 06:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

If you'd like to get rid of worksheets while differentiating and "CLOSE" Reading- I would recommend you utilize Thinking Maps.
These can be used for EVERY subject and promote student ownership and foster engagement.
They also can be incorporated whole group, small group, and for independent work.
I've used them for 8 years and can't imagine ever trying to teach without them in the future.
shellea is offline   Reply With Quote

Enkidu

Old 07-30-2014, 01:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

What technology do you have? Smartboard? Projector? Document camera? Projector? Nothing?

You could project questions, they write the answer on whiteboards. Share, correct, erase.

Use sheet protectors and thin whiteboard markers. A white sheet of paper works as a whiteboard. You can put lined paper in, graph paper, etc. You may still have to make copies of papers, but as years go by you would not be creating any more waste.

Laminate maps.

Go to www.history.org for tons of lesson plans. Copy and laminate primary source documents to use every year. Keep as many as you can.

Use an interactive notebook, but it could be made using recycled paper, the blank sides. Just staple together.

Discussions galore. Game show style quizzes.

It might take some intitial investment. Some people can't afford a thing, others spend thousands a year. But once set up, this would work! Good luck and keep us posted!
Enkidu is offline   Reply With Quote

kmob

Thinking maps?
Old 11-15-2015, 05:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

What is the best place for me to look these up? Your best reference for teaching with these?
kmob is offline   Reply With Quote

Mshope

Laptops
Old 03-03-2017, 01:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I always think of going paperless as using a computer instead. Are your students going to use laptops 1:1? Or are you planning on just not giving them any papers? I always liked to have reference sheets AND a textbook as a student. I literally still have my grammar handouts from middle school. Maybe instead of this you could use anchor charts on the walls for them to refer to?

Could you use a set of classroom whiteboards? Or set up stations?

Mshope is offline   Reply With Quote