Intervention & Title I Services

Title 1

>

JFluhr

JFluhr

Title 1
Old 09-28-2009, 10:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I just got a position for Title 1 reading and math. I have grades K-8. I was wondering if anyone knew the regulations for Title 1 teachers. My total number of students is in the 20's. I have been looking for information online, but cannot find anything regarding this. Someone mentioned that my caseload doesn't follow regulations. I am new to the school and the school is new to Title 1 (I'm their first Title 1 teacher). Any information would be greatly appreciated!

MandyPandy

Caseload
Old 09-29-2009, 04:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

From what I understand, full-time caseload is 40-60 students. But, I think that is only for reading or for math. If you're considered part-time reading and part-time math, I think the 20s should be fine. Servicing 40 students twice a day seems like a lot. I'd be interested in how others answer!
MandyPandy is offline   Reply With Quote

TitleMathCA

Old 09-29-2009, 05:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'm math only - we have 2 math & 2 reading teachers at my school for Title.

I've never heard of a certain # for the caseload...my school is a targeted assistance school so we are required to assess the students and determine what students qualify for title assistance.

You'll find that no two schools seem to run their title programs the same way.

The information I've found online about title regualtions is so wordy & vague that it's hard to determine what is really supposed to be done.

I know that at the end of the school year I am to submit a growth report - showing the grade level equivalent of the students that qualified form the beginning of the year to the end of the year and their growth.

After 7 years I've found that many of these students have a larger than average loss over the summer too.
TitleMathCA is offline   Reply With Quote

MrsM

guidelines
Old 10-01-2009, 02:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

The information you need is usually located with your state department of education. Look under Federal programs, Title I, guidelines, and it can tell you.

The last I looked for my state, full-time caseload for small group instruction is 30-60 total. As a pp said, if you are serving students twice, count them twice in the total.

Your state also has people to advise school districts in the state, divided into territories. Your principal (or someone in charge) should call the state department of ed. and find out who the advisor is and set up a meeting. Your program will likely be audited if using Title I money, and it must be set up according to guidelines to pass the audit.
MrsM is offline   Reply With Quote