Help

Substitute Teachers

To Eric7100 Qs on SubJobFinder

>

kjuda

To Eric7100 Qs on SubJobFinder
Old 10-18-2009, 11:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Eric: I would have sent this by email but you aren't listed. <grin> Would you mind answering some questions about SBJ setup? I've got everything loaded but I have several questions about setting up the search parameters.

On the Single Date page: I have filled in all of the dates for the next several weeks that I want to 'look' for jobs. Is this correct? There is a box to the left of each date. When and why should these be checked? (what does checking the boxes mean?) There's no explanation anywhere in the help materials!

Related to dates: If on a particular date I only want an afternoon job, how do I accomplish that so it is only looking for the part of the day I want? (or don't want a job at all)

Similar question: In my school districts, they often have what are called "custom" times in Aesop, which means they may begin at, say 10:10 am and go until the end of school. So is that considered am? pm? or all day? Or, there may be only a 2 hour block somewhere in the middle of the day, but the times could be wildly different. In other words, I can't even make up a list of possible times. (they make this stuff as they go so they don't have to pay anymore than they have to!) Can I write in as one of the options "Custom" and would SubJobSearch understand that?
Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated!

kjuda is offline   Reply With Quote

viktoriag

Sorry I'm not Eric, but...
Old 10-18-2009, 01:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I looked into that program and yes, it is expensive! Do you all think it worth it? I stalk AESOP using Jobulator sometimes for hours and not a single job even goes by. I'd hate to shell out $175 and have the same thing happen to my automated assistant! I guess if you calculate it on an annual basis it doesn't come out be that much per day, but still ... I don't make a whole lot of money subbing as it is, and between the license fees, the Jobulator fee (I'm still on a free trial, actually) and then an additional fee, this job can get expensive!!!
viktoriag is offline   Reply With Quote
Eric7100

Eric7100

Old 10-18-2009, 02:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Checking the boxes means activating that date as a date that you want to work. If it is checked, then the program will pick up available jobs on that day for you. Otherwise, it will not. As an alternative, you can also tell Aesop which days are non-work days for you, and then simply not use the "Single Date" feature on SubJobSearch. Then it will scan for available jobs on any days that you have told Aesop that you are available.

To my knowledge, there is no way to specify that you want a half-day assignment on one date, and a full-day assignment on other days. You can check all three options (Full Day, Half Day AM, Half Day PM) and if you don't like what it gives you on a particular date, then just cancel that job. I do it all the time.

Sorry, I don't have any knowledge about custom job times. Around here, if it's not Full Day, then it's either AM or PM, and SubJobSearch picks them up. You may want to ask the programmer about this. They have very good customer service / response times.