Substitute Teachers

Teacher Bikini Photo

>

Eric7100

Eric7100

Teacher Bikini Photo
Old 10-20-2009, 01:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I was subbing in a third grade classroom today, where a picture that the teacher had on display on her desk caught my eye. It was a family beach picture, with a close-up shot of her in a rather "showy" bikini. The picture was facing her desk, but still, it didn't quite seem appropriate.

Lottalove

Maybe that was
Old 10-20-2009, 01:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

a reminder that she had a life outside school and a "descriptor" other than teacher.....

Just a thought....

I think it is pretty safe with third graders but definitely not any older...(tho 'pretty safe' is all relative...)

I would like to say that I wouldn't do that...but at this weight and age, if I had a good picture of me in a nice bikini looking good...I would probably get an 8" x 10".......................... .

in the freakin' NEWSPAPER!!
Lottalove is online now   Reply With Quote

RadSub19

oh man...
Old 10-20-2009, 05:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

A year or two back...I was subbing in a 3rd grade room. The printer was jammed so I fixed it so the kids could print AR tests. Guess what came out?? Pictures of the teacher, drinking and carrying on with friends at what I assumed was a bachelorette party! I was so mortified!!!!!! I think I tossed the pictures.
RadSub19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hermione_S

Hermione_S

It depends on the context and other things
Old 10-21-2009, 06:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

My opinion is that it depends on the overall look of the bathing suit on the person AND the context of the photo. Are we talking a simple 2 peice bathing suit, or a string bikini - big difference. Also, was the teacher's body parts falling out of the suit? Also, was the context of the picture innocent or racey and suggestive?

If the picture was revealing and in poor taste, I would have used another picture to display on my desk, if any at all. I have pics of myself in a 2 peice suit. Even though they are tasteful, I would choose not to bring these to school becasue I would feel funny knowing that anyone in the building could easily see parts of me that they cannot see during the school day.

Hermione