Substitute Teachers

Smart alecks in middle school

>

BigGuy

BigGuy

Smart alecks in middle school
Old 10-28-2009, 12:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]Sometimes I wished I would ignore certain little comments from juveniles. Some of them will say and do anything for attention. 7th and 8th graders often go through a stage where everything is funny and dirty. Puberty. Nothing is serious. Everything is something silly or dirty. Sometimes I feel like the only way to deal with it is to be a jerk which wears me out by the end of the day. Years of experience haven't helped me handle this age group so I guess I never will be effective. The issue is what to ignore and what to punish. The office doesn't want to deal with every little trivial issue (in their minds) from subs.

Kids today haven't been disciplined at home or school. I am not saying BEAT THEM but there has to be some way to reign in their behavior. They want to yell and talk over each other. So many are STARVING for attention and do things to get our attention. I get sick of it.

What is the future of this generation? The IPOD/MP3/blog/digital generation with the attention span of a fly?

Something is wrong. It is a cultural thang. In the good old days, kids were seen and not heard of to a certain extent. Now I think kids and their parents RUN the schools.

I go by teacher's classrooms and teachers are screaming and yelling in frustration. Something is wrong.

Teachers often do group work these days and when subs are present, they leave work sheets that they finish so quickly that they get into other things.

This is a restless generation. No attention span. More interested in little hand held devices than paper work. Attention starved. Exposed to stuff they don't really understand as far as information is concerned.

I am really concerned.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

subczy

subczy

I think...
Old 10-28-2009, 01:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]you might be better suited to the little kids. They love being in school, for the most part, and are eager ot learn and listen. THey appreciate a subs smiles and love to help them out. I think you might enjoy K-2nd grade the most. Lots of subs in our dist. specialize and this may be what you need to do so that you can enjoy your days.

Good luck.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Nuclear Sub

Old 10-29-2009, 10:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Lolz, yesterday, I was subbing in 6th grade earth science. We just saw a film on soil, fertilizers, and landfills.

A boy raises his hand and asks, "If I pass gas, am I contributing to air pollution?"

So I asked him, "Well what do you think?"

He responded, "Yes..."

I told him, "Well there ya go then."

Totally caught me off guard! lol
Nuclear Sub is offline   Reply With Quote