Help

Substitute Teachers

Another question...

>

blanche46

Another question...
Old 10-29-2009, 05:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

ok...in MS Science for last 5 days of a 6 day assignment (I could not do the last day since I was booked somewhere else). I am finished in this classroom even though the class will have another sub tomorrow. As of lunch today everything went pretty well. The first day, I had to give a powerpoint presentation to take notes from, 2 days in the computer lab, and the last 2 days the students had to work in the class in 8 stations. The stations were a little loud and chaotic at times but we managed to get thru them. Well, when the day was over and I went to clean up, I noticed there was a calculator missing that belongs to the teacher. The stations we were working with were about acceleration, velocity, speed, and calculating using their formulas so we needed calculators. I borrowed 2 from another teacher yesterday, found one on the desk and got one from the middle desk drawer the teacher left open in his desk(it only had a few pens in it, some paper clips, scissors, and a calculator) I figured he left it open for me for basic supplies, so I lent it to the kids.

I looked all around for the calculator before I left and informed the sub who is coming in tomorrow (she came in to see what she was doing tomorrow), she's going to ask the students about it. But my question is should I tell the teacher if I can't find it? He will be back on Monday and I will be there. Any thoughts? What would you do? Should I offer to pay for it if I cannot find it? I know it sound like nothing but it bothers me that something would get lost on my watch.

blanche46 is offline   Reply With Quote