Help

Substitute Teachers

High school update

>

googiebump

High school update
Old 10-30-2009, 12:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Well it was an interesting day. I got to the high school really early but it was such a madhouse that it took 20 minutes for them to figure out what to do with me. Also I parked across the street from the school and before I left the house, my husband called and said there's several inches of water on the road in front of the school. So I brought a cheap pair of tennis shoes to wade across the street.

Then the teacher I was subbing for had first period off. So I was able to kinda walk around and get a feel for the place. Got back to the room before second period and the teacher was there. I was actually subbing for the aide, but that's not what they told me at the office. The teacher said "We've got a rowdy group and it's a crazy day." I was just glad I was in a room with another adult. The kids came and were all worked up about the weather, etc. Then they announced that we'd be letting kids out at 11 a.m. because of the flooding. So they were that much more excited. I really don't feel like I've actually had my "first" day yet. But I'm going back Monday and we'll see how that goes. Thanks for all your advice!

Tammy

googiebump is offline   Reply With Quote

subczy

subczy

wow a sub for an aide!
Old 10-30-2009, 02:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

There is no way my dist would pay for THAT. They'd just split up the kids into other rooms and have them absorbed. lol

At least now you know what you'd be getting if you were signed up to be the teacher in that room. I probably wouldnt' be the teacher in there until I had some more experience.

Glad it was an "easy" day.

Augustus

Old 10-30-2009, 06:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

sounds like a good first day. You were able to get some orientation. You saw some of the inmates and a little of how they behave. I don't think you could have asked for a better first day. But you know this wasn't the real deal. You'll see more Monday.
Augustus is offline   Reply With Quote

googiebump

Old 10-31-2009, 06:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

<<<You saw some of the inmates and a little of how they behave.>>>

Inmates is right! I sat there thinking "They're like first graders that can drive!"

Tammy
googiebump is offline   Reply With Quote