Substitute Teachers

could've had a v8

>

subczy

subczy

could've had a v8
Old 10-30-2009, 04:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

clunk me on the forehead. Remind me next time to NEVER work all five days in a row at the hs. Actually, part of it was nice b/c I had 2 of the classes twice (split days) and a diff. one in the middle. All were ones I work in often so know the kids, etc - and low and behold the kids were GREAT this week. Go figure. But man....was it a lot of WORK. Usually our hs is pretyt easy (bring a book to read sort of thing) but this week it wasn't. One of the days I had a discipline day, you know the ones....they are when control was maintained but via a LOT of work on your part and you fall into the chair at the end of the day thankful to be out by 3:30 but too tired to make good use of all that "extra time" you have by teaching instead of having an office job that you don't get out of until after 5pm.

So, next week - not gonna work all five days. Not gonna work all 5 at the h.s. again. I need either a day off OR a day w/ some little kids.

000yes I am thankful for the work0000

vocalstudent

Old 10-30-2009, 04:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Ill gladly take one of your days, its a bit slow over here...now that I'm getting known Im getting more jobs and have 4 days next week lined up but I'm zonked after today
vocalstudent is offline   Reply With Quote

kjuda

Old 10-30-2009, 07:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Same here...I need to keep from being too ambitious. There's something about the 'high' I get from snapping up day after day of sub jobs, but I'm really enjoying being able to pick when I work!
kjuda is offline   Reply With Quote

3of3

Old 10-31-2009, 07:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I hear ya, I feel the same way after being in kindergarten all week. Never again. I was asked by another K teacher for my card and the thought of being "labeled" as the lady who subs in K was not appealing at the moment. Don't get me wrong, the little ones are precious but exhausting. Today I woke with a nasty head cold, no doubt K is the gift that keeps on giving....
3of3 is offline   Reply With Quote

qudiva

Old 11-02-2009, 02:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

My perfect week is when I have a day or two at each level.

If I'm at one level too long this is what happens - I play bad cop at the high school all day and don't really teach (because most the teachers think that I obviously couldn't handle high school work - being just a lowly sub and all - sigh). At the elementary I work all day long changing activities every 20 - 30 minutes - without time to pee I swear! I love the middle school but there is just so much sarcasm and hormones one can take!

So when I mix up all three I only see the good at all the different schools - High school - usually time to read or relax a bit - elementary - everyone loves me there - middle school - I can be smelly and rude along with them (very fun!)

For me its all about balance - oh and yes I try to put elementary early in the week when I'm well rested - by the end of the week everyone gets cranky and cries a lot !

qudiva is offline   Reply With Quote