Gifted Education

Bouncing an Idea....

>

MrsBaldwin

Bouncing an Idea....
Old 11-07-2009, 11:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi all,

So I'm still new to teaching gifted, and am starting to finally feel comfortable with adding more and more enrichment to our days. Several of my students have recently brought to my attention a series of books called 39 Clues. They have been raving about the series the last few weeks. I have done a bit of research and have found out that it is sort of like the Magic Tree House series, but more advanced for one, and also incorportates opportunities for enrichment through history, geography, the arts, etc. I thought I would bounce the idea off of you all to see if you all thought that I could use this series as a read aloud and then incorporate whatever the mystery or clue or geography (etc), into a lot of the rest of my curriculum to add enrichment in my room with concentrated areas of study based on what's happening in the story. (totally a run-on sentence, I know...) =)

So...what do you think?

MrsBaldwin is offline   Reply With Quote

yesteach

I like the idea..
Old 11-07-2009, 02:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I used Series of Unfortunate Events to teach vocabulary and figures of speech. My kids used the word ersatz for ages after we read the Ersatz Elevator... they just thought it was so entertaining to use words no one else knew.. go figure.. gt kids...
yesteach is offline   Reply With Quote

thegidget

39 clue
Old 12-31-2009, 04:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I did a search and it looks great. I teach 4'th and I am not real comfortable yet, but thought the books look great! Would you have to buy a set and then each of your GT students would read one of the books? I have 7 GT children in my class. Love to hear if you incorporated in your class. What grade do you teach?
the Gidget
thegidget is offline   Reply With Quote