Help

Intervention & Title I Services

Title 1 Math resources needed

>

lovtuteach

Title 1 Math resources needed
Old 12-21-2006, 04:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

If you teach Title 1 math, I need your input. What resources do you use? How do you qualify a child to be in your Title 1 math program? Do you do pull outs or go into classrooms? I work with 1st and 2nd grade. Most of the students that I see have very weak number sense. Any suggestions?

lovtuteach is offline   Reply With Quote

Susan/IN

Title I math
Old 12-21-2006, 10:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We haven't had Title I math in our district for a few years now, but when we did I had several things I used. I really like Frog Publications (they have a website - I believe it's FrogPublications.com). Lots of fun gameboards with questions for all areas/grades. Plus they have a daily review book called Drops in the Bucket. Their stuff is relatively inexpensive. I also taught Touch Math. Primary Concepts and Didax have great materials as well. I also tried to connect literature and math as often as I could. Amy Axelrod's books are great, although it might be hard for first grade. I had two resource books that had all kinds of games using cards and dice and activities for teaching money games to kids. One was called All Hands on Deck and the other was called Rolling in the Dough. They were published out of Canada I believe by a company called box car inc. They are about 6 or 7 years old; don't know if you can still get them. We also took training several years ago in Math Their Way.

We identified kids through our state testing, teacher ranking, and report card grades. We did pull out groups.

Hope this helps. If you need more info you can contact me directly.
Susan/IN
Susan/IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Risa

Here's a math games source
Old 12-21-2006, 11:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Quote:
They were published out of Canada I believe by a company called box car inc.
This reminded me of a site I found on Education World. Although, it seems you're looking for some program suggestions, here's a website that offers a variety of math games you might use:

<!--CHRISTMAS2-->Education World-Box Cars and One-Eyed Jacks
http://www.education-world.com/a_les.../boxcars.shtml
Risa is offline   Reply With Quote

Chick

For Risa
Old 12-22-2006, 05:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thank you so much for the wonderful math site!!

Hope your Christmas is Merry!!

<!--CHRISTMAS1-->
Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
rray

rray

Title 1 2nd-5th
Old 12-22-2006, 08:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I love to use ED Frog.com; rainforestmaths.com; funbrain.com and reader rabbit software. I declared Nov.-Dec. problem solving months, Jan. will be for measurement...

I love Title 1 math because you can work with the children in smaller group sizes and watch the changes as they grow in their skills.

KP/NH

Math resource site
Old 12-23-2006, 05:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

This site has tons of free things to download, print and use. I've gotten many good games and teaching ideas here. Hope you can use it too. The link is for K-2 materials, but there are upper grade resources at the site too.

http://community.learnnc.org/dpi/mat...s_k2_resou.php
KP/NH is offline   Reply With Quote

lovtuteach

Thanks to All
Old 01-01-2007, 12:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Thank you everybody for wonderful advice. I will begin using your resources right away and see what I can find. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.
lovtuteach is offline   Reply With Quote
jolenie318

jolenie318

Title 1 Math
Old 03-22-2010, 04:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Hello...I am a Title 1 Math teacher and it seems odd to me that you would be doing Title 1 Math for 1st and 2nd graders. I do 3rd - 6th grade...sometimes 2nd grade if time permits. We base selection / qualification off of their State Achievement Test scores from the previous year. If they are a third grader we give the beginning of the year assessment to see where the students fall and take the bottom 5 from that class to provide supplemental instruction to.

I do small groups in all classrooms 3rd-6th grade and then also have 19 students that I pull out once a week for 20 min at a time!

Depending on what Curriculum you are using you most likely will need to come up with your own resources, I find myself constantly making my own worksheets!
Good Luck!