The Job Search

job dilemma

>

Rachel L

Rachel L

job dilemma
Old 01-14-2006, 08:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I worked last summer at a summer day camp and just loved it. I was a camp counselor for preschoolers ages 3-5. I definitely plan to work at this summer camp again this upcoming summer. The camp I work at has several different campsites throughout my city. The campsite I worked at last year was 5 minutes from my house. However, I am moving probably in March to a different area of town. There's another campsite near to where I will be moving to, which would be a lot closer. This campsite also happens to be my grandmother's church so I am very familiar with the area and the church. Also the campsite I was at last year was great, however the parents were quite demanding. They were very rich parents who would complain about the smallest little thing. The area of town I'm moving to is not as rich as the one I'm living in now, so I assume parents wouldn't be as demanding as the parents I dealt with last year. However I really liked my director I had last year, and am worried about switching sites because of that. I don't want to get stuck with a director I don't like, just cause it'll be a shorter commute. Should I request to be moved to the campsite which will be closer to me when I move in March?

Mrs.B

it depends
Old 01-15-2006, 09:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

How long would it take you to get to the camp you worked at last year? It might be nice to stay at the same camp so you can continue building relationships and good references with the director, other teachers, and parents. But then again if it will save you time and money to change locations I'm sure it'll be fine. It's only the summer, right?
Mrs.B is offline   Reply With Quote