The Job Search

please help!

>

Elisabeth

Elisabeth

please help!
Old 01-16-2006, 07:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am really stressed out, in fact to the point I'm making myself ill. I worried about this job all weekend. About getting it! After reading your replies, I realized that I left out some pertinent information. I am married and my husband would not be coming with me for the duration of the teaching job. So that means I would have a "home" to come back to after the job ended. All teaching jobs in my area are temporary until you get your permanent contract, which takes a while and really isn't goverend by any sort of rules. So, even if a job came up closer to home, it wouldn't be a continuing contract. I need to leave the job I'm currently in. It's a complete deadend and I am so bored. Every day I think that I am wasting my life. And yet, I am really scared to teach. I have been away from it for so long and I am seriously doubting myself whether I have the skills to do it. I think the only reason I got this interview is because it's for a far away job that no one really wants. I have really good evaluation reports, but in the back of my mind, I don't think they are accurate. I don't think I'm as good as those reports say I am. I am seriously lacking self confidence and am on the verge of cancelling my meeting/interview today. But then I'm wondering if I am going to regret it. When I applied for this job, I thought getting a different job would help bolster my confidence but I'm wondering if I shouldn't have worked on my confidence first and then jumped into applying for new jobs. What do you think? Please help. I only have a few hours before I have to meet the principal.

Sarah 12

Sarah 12

Just posted....
Old 01-16-2006, 09:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I just posted a comment on your other post. Now I am not sure what to say! With the extra information, it changes everything. What would your husband say about you going? I still think you need to leave your present job.

Teaching builds confidence! Don't give up on trying to find a teaching position because you think you may lack confidence. You have already had an interview....someone sees something in you that you don't see.

I doubt the reports that you had done on you were incorrect. I have done many evaluations on teachers and it is in their best interest and my own, to be as accurate and concise as possible. Don't be so hard on yourself!
Elisabeth

Elisabeth

thank you
Old 01-16-2006, 10:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Well, I chickened out and cancelled the meeting. I have mixed emotions about it but deep down, I think it was the right decision. In the meantime, I have applied to another teaching position, part time, 3 subjects, close to home, and some of my family members know the principal. Who knows. Maybe I blew my only chance I will ever have at changing into a more fulfilling career. There is no guarantee I will even get an interview for this position. Anyway, thanks for the information.
Sarah again!

Sarah again!

what is right for you!
Old 01-16-2006, 12:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Good for you for making a decision! You had a tough decision to make. Don't feel like you gave up your chance to teach. It will come again! Keep your resume up to date, take some professional development, "study" for your future interviews and believe you will be teaching!

Stay positive!!!!
Elisabeth

Elisabeth

thanks for the positive words...
Old 01-16-2006, 12:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I like what you said. Maybe I should take this time to get into the frame of mind of teaching. Then it wouldn't feel so foreign to me when I get an interview. Thanks. I hope something comes up. I can't do this anymore.