Additional Endorsement question - pls. read

>

wannateach

wannateach

Additional Endorsement question - pls. read
Old 01-08-2006, 12:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

HI

I just found out that I am two classes short of earning an endorsement in science for elementary education and middle school. I already have an endorsement in Language Arts and Social Studies and Business (which is not being taught these days.)

If I take these two classes, I will miss opportunities to sub on Tuesdays and Thursdays. As that is a time my classes would be.

I couldn't find a job this past summer and who knows about this upcoming job market. I am not sure really what to do. Returning for two more classes as a student is not a big deal, just costly in money and time and studying and my family has already put up with a great deal with me earning my certificate at graduate school.

What would you do and why?

Thanks

Tounces

adding
Old 01-08-2006, 12:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I would get the additional endorsements if I knew they would help me get a job. If you would be willing to teach them too. I have additional certificates in Special Ed. and Science. They have helped me get my foot in the door. I'm now back to teaching elementary. I know its a lot of time and money. I aways thought of it as an "investment" in my career. Substituting on the other hand didn't help me get a job. I didn't want to be a substitute teacher my whole life and I don't think it sounds like you do either.
Tounces is offline   Reply With Quote
wannateach

wannateach

Science
Old 01-08-2006, 01:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Oh I agree -- but who really knows if anything in education is an
"guarantee". I guess that is what worries me the most. Spending Jan/May in classes and trying to find a job and then still nothing.....

It is times like this I wish I had a crystal ball.
Donna4

Donna4

What about summer?
Old 01-09-2006, 03:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Can you take the two classes in the summer? Then you won't miss any sub time, and if you are interviewing this spring, you can say that you will have an endorsement by the time school starts.
Wannateach

Wannateach

Summer school
Old 01-16-2006, 03:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

No - not all of the classes are offered and then you know you have to submitt everything to the state ROE for evaluation and endorsement. I hope to spend my summer looking for a full time position -- that is why I am pushing now to get these classes done. As it is, they take 16 weeks - to complete.