Help

Fifth Grade

hall pass

>

Twizzlers

hall pass
Old 08-26-2010, 12:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

How often do you allow your students to leave the classroom for drinks/bathroom visits? I am thinking of giving them 4 passes for the week. Is this too many or too few? We do have a morning recess and lunch recess break so the longest they would be sitting in the room is about 2 hours? In the past, I've had students leaving way too often so I'd like to firm up the plan a bit more this year.

Twizzlers is offline   Reply With Quote

02BNHI

Whole Group Break
Old 08-26-2010, 03:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My students go as a whole group unless there is an emergency. We go every 2 hours, 4 times a school day, which is more than they go when they are at home or outside playing. I would rather take the break and stop instruction instead of students coming and going and then I have to back up and go over something they may have missed. This policy also prevents my students from being blamed for any bathroom issues or damage (spit balls, writing on the walls, etc.).
02BNHI is offline   Reply With Quote

LeoGirl728

Old 08-26-2010, 06:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I do a bathroom break in the morning,.. mostly to allow them to stretch. We go 4 periods strong every day.. 2 LAL and 2 Math,.. so in between I take the entire class down the hall for bathroom and drinks...

I will do one in the after noon if I can squeeze it in .. maybe on the way back from Specials..since we are already in the hall...

Emergencies only outside of that.. You will get to know your bathroom kids.. Last year. I had one who just needed to walk..so I let him get a drink and he knew it was back to business.. We even timed it.. him going down the hall, getting a decent drink and coming back.. as long as he stayed within the time limit I let him go...
LeoGirl728 is offline   Reply With Quote