Help

Fifth Grade

Friday Folder Help

>

BRONX

Friday Folder Help
Old 09-02-2010, 02:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I had my opening day meeting today and my new principal informed me that I need Friday Folders. I am not a fan of making parents wait all week for their child's work and not sure what information to include. Part of me wants to just have the date and signature. Some of my colleagues have behavior notes, test grades and upcoming information. Does anyone have a form that is not too complicated for me to manage or an idea that makes a Friday Folder not such a big task?

BRONX is offline   Reply With Quote

parker

If you have
Old 09-02-2010, 03:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

a weekly or bi-weekly newsletter, I see no need to be redundant in stating upcoming info, etc. I'd keep it simple with the date and a parent signature unless someone (parents or admin) ask for more. Behavior should be address separately from Friday folders. Not all students need notes home on behavior. And any problem behaviors shouldn't wait until Friday, but be dealt with on the day of occurance.
The other way to do it is to send home a cover letter/newsletter each Friday along with the papers.
parker is offline   Reply With Quote

MsNoble

I do Friday Folders!
Old 09-02-2010, 06:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Here's the insert sheet that I use! (It goes on one side, all corrected papers go on the right hand and get emptied weekly.) You can use this as a reference or just change the info on it. It's simple enough for me to do in less than 1 minute (per student) but it provides valuable feedback. Students LOVE getting back their Friday Folder.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Friday Folder insert.doc (31.5 KB, 225 views)
MsNoble is offline   Reply With Quote

tchrpen

Ms. Noble
Old 09-03-2010, 06:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thank you so much for your Friday Folder insert. I had no intention of doing anything like this, but read yours and see a huge benefit. Thanks again
tchrpen is offline   Reply With Quote

MsNoble

The Friday Folder was a life saver for me!
Old 09-03-2010, 08:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I started this halfway through last year and I'll never go back! Having one is helpful--I too was looking for something with minimal effort. Here's a link to my website about how I use the D.O.T. Binder (since it's referenced in my attachment above) & the Friday Folder if you're looking for a lengthier explanation & pics!

http://msnoblesclass.webs.com/thedotbinder.htm

MsNoble is offline   Reply With Quote

TRAY22

Thanks
Old 09-03-2010, 11:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

MSNoble.... Thank you so much for sharing, that is a great resource to have. I will have to incorporate it into our school wide Thursday Folders somehow. I really like the thought of giving the parent a rating score for their child on classwork, homework, behavior, and organization each week.
TRAY22 is offline   Reply With Quote