Help

Fifth Grade

Bulletin Board Help

>

MRSPOTTER

Bulletin Board Help
Old 08-31-2010, 02:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

What do you all have up in our classrooms? I have 3 large bulletin boards that I'm pretty sure I have to use for Word Walls (Math, Science, and Language Arts). I have 3 smaller bulletin boards that I have no idea what to use them for. I also have two outside bulletin boards that I have to "Create". My district is big on putting up work on bulletin boards and not just pictures of kids and stuff. Any ideas? I am so not the creative type.

MRSPOTTER is offline   Reply With Quote

WSU10

Old 08-31-2010, 02:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm in the same boat. I have a board that I have posters of writing tips on, one has a calendar for me and will be a catch all for me near my desk, another is in the front of the room and will have a dry erase calendar, lunch menu, and daily schedules when we get those figured out. I have two large blank boards that I will use to hopefully put homework on, writing tips, and anything else creative. I have 3 narrow boards that run along the top of the three chalk/white/smart boards that I have. I will more than likely put definitions for terms, shapes, student work, etc... I don't know what I'll put on the chalk board that won't see any use.

I'd suggest having each board be dedicated to a subject. Students could create charts for the subjects, you could put up student work for a specific subject. The hallway boards can be used for a welcome message, or something seasonal. Maybe have students help decorate once you pick a theme. For example, could go with the generic "Fall Into Reading." Have the students trace their hands to make leaves then write the title of their favorite book on it.
WSU10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Mishlak1

Mishlak1

Graffiti Wall
Old 08-31-2010, 04:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have a "graffiti" wall where I put up a piece of bulletin board paper on top of an already covered bulletin board (this allows easier change once it gets full). When the students find new words in their reading that they would like to share, they sign up on a sheet of paper. After the students present their words to the class, they're allowed to write it on the wall in colorful markers/bubble letters/etc. It really motivates them to want to find new vocab. Then I use the words in games, etc.

teachn10

I only have..
Old 08-31-2010, 05:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

.. one big bulletin board and one small. I have the big one seperated into subjects ( I only teach science and social studies) a student of the month, and a board that I will leave for seasonal displays of student work. I got some ideas off of PT for my seasonal and another board that I made from foam board, Going for the goal ( a football field with a goal, and students write their goal for the year on footballs) and Who said it?, ( this is a quotes board that I'll be tying into social studies. My small board is left for information: calendar, menu and I'm still trying to figure out what else needs to go up on it. I gues it's a little easier to fill up a small amount of space. I would definitely let the kids help you fill the space!
teachn10 is offline   Reply With Quote

tinkerteach

Re: Graffitti Wall
Old 08-31-2010, 08:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

LOVE this idea. when i change my boards, i will be sure to use this one!

tinkerteach is offline   Reply With Quote

tinkerteach

Re: BB Help
Old 08-31-2010, 08:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

i only have 2 bulletin boards. it's my first year teaching 5th grade and i plan on enforcing/limelighting reading as being "fun". so for my one b.b. i have "FALL in to READING" with leaves around and their pictures, BUT as the year starts out, i will "catch" htem reading and take candid snapshots for winter's board "FREEZE! CAUGHT IN THE ACT" and pics of them reading books!
my second board to start the year out is SERVING UP SUCCESS. i am giving each student a water bottle with my own recipe for a successful school year [1 c love, 1 qt. enthusiasm, a splash of love, 1 tbs of laughter, etc.]. then students will write on a recipe index card their own recipes which i will put up on the board with their pictures in a chef's hat.
hope this helps!
tinkerteach is offline   Reply With Quote

MRSPOTTER

thanks!
Old 09-01-2010, 05:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Thanks for all of your ideas. I LOVE the graffiti wall...that is really cool! I think I may have to use that one!
MRSPOTTER is offline   Reply With Quote

MegO

Bulletin Board Ideas
Old 09-01-2010, 06:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I like to change my bulletin boards each year. Last year I did a football field for the beginning of the year "Kickin' off a New Year." I went to Home Depot and bought green turf and made a turf football field. Each student wrote their individual goals on footballs and I put them on the board. This year I did a jungle theme and have "Wild About....5th Grade." I'm going to change the "5th Grade" part to different projects we do. You can check out pictures on my classroom website so you can visualize what I'm explaining! Since I can't post my website here, I can e-mail it to you.
Hope this helps!
MegO is offline   Reply With Quote

shaddybaby

Old 09-05-2010, 03:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I love this idea! Might have to change my back board to this soon. Thanks for sharing.
shaddybaby is offline   Reply With Quote