Help

The Job Search

Passing Praxis mean "highly qualified"?

>

*Annie*

Passing Praxis mean "highly qualified"?
Old 04-15-2007, 12:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I just stopped filling out an application at the point where it said to include: "Proof of NCLB highly qualified status i.e. copy of praxis or other content area testing results....." Does that mean if we got a certain score on the praxis (elementary) we are considered highly qualified? How do you know what is considered highly qualified, just if you passed? I hate to waste my time filling out 5 pgs if I'm not qualified. I tried looking it up here in CT but came up empty. Does anyone know?

*Annie* is offline   Reply With Quote

tx

tx

highly qualified
Old 04-15-2007, 01:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I had the same question. I graduate in May and have taken and passed the TExES exams. Applications asked the highly qualified question. So for TX to be highly qualified...Bachelor's degree, pass content and ppr TExES exams, and have certification throught SBEC. I just listed on the application that I had passed the tests and upon graduation in May, I would pay my certification fee and would then be highly qualified. I am not sure if that was the correct response, but I am not highly qualified now according to above guidelines.

Miss Melissa

Old 04-15-2007, 06:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I live and teach in CT, and when I was doing the job search last year, all of the schools wanted my praxis scores, but no one mentioned NCLB. I would think as long as you passed the tests, that means you are qualified, because you need those tests passed to get certified.
Miss Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Heather443216

Master's Degree
Old 04-17-2007, 07:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I live in Ohio and "highly qualified" here means that you hold a master's, in education or your content area, in addition to the normally required credentials.
Heather443216 is offline   Reply With Quote

*Annie*

Old 04-17-2007, 09:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Thanks for all your replies.....interesting to see the differences by state....Miss Melissa, since you're in CT too, yeah, I was thinking the same thing...because I haven't been told by the state to take any new tests and why else would they ask for the Praxis scores, ya know? Sounds good to me!

*Annie* is offline   Reply With Quote

JRichard

Old 04-17-2007, 01:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

For the person in Texas: go to the SBEC website. They have a NCLB bulletin on their that explains ALL of the details for meeting highly qualified status in Texas. It is more than passing a test. You must have so much experience and/or college hours in your subject as well.

http://www.sbec.state.tx.us

Jenny
JRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
New.Teacher

New.Teacher

In Louisiana it means
Old 04-20-2007, 08:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

that you've passed the PRAXIS content level II, AND you are enrolled in a certification program.