Fifth Grade

End of the year Packet

>

Busy Work

Busy Work

End of the year Packet
Old 05-13-2011, 06:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone have an end of the year packet that you give your students to work on in extra time? The end of the year is so busy and we tend to have 10 min here - 15 min there time to kill ... I was wondering if anyone had anything good they'd like to share it would be great!! Thanks in advance!

sunsets11

Old 05-13-2011, 08:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I don't make a packet, but I do know what you mean by time here and there. What I normally do is find word problems, math brainteasers, weird trivia questions (involving kids to look things up) and tasks (learn to count to 10 in Chinese). Some years I make a list, last year I made a grid on part of the board - when they have the answer, they write it down with their name, put it in a box. The last day of school I draw names and hand out prizes. The more times they are in the box, the more chance of prizes (the random things that you find while picking up for the year, as well as the usual treasure box assortment). They have to have the correct answer to get the "prize" (or in the case of counting, they have to do it for everyone!).
sunsets11 is offline   Reply With Quote