Help

Kindergarten

$2000 to Spend....

>

Kelli

$2000 to Spend....
Old 09-13-2010, 04:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have $2000 to spend for my classroom. What would you buy? My number one item is a horseshoe table. Of course I'm going to get some leveled books but what else would you purchase?

Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote

jbkz

I would want...
Old 09-13-2010, 09:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Big Books and Books on Tape or CD
jbkz is offline   Reply With Quote

ccteacher13

Old 09-13-2010, 09:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Kindergarten versatiles
ccteacher13 is offline   Reply With Quote

kdgteach

Vital
Old 09-13-2010, 04:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

A really good easel to hold your big books while reading to the students. There is a large one that has the 4 baskets in the bottom section, which holds many of your supplies.
It will also hold a large chart tablet that you can easily write upon. Lucky you to get to spend all that money!
kdgteach is offline   Reply With Quote

Kelli

Old 09-13-2010, 05:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I already have the versitiles (love them) and a very nice easel. I've written 2 grants for kdg. so I've gotten those things through that.

Our kindgergartn department has been very fortunate as we recieved $20,000 from our board. Believe me things like this never happen in our district. So we decided as a staff to divide the money up equally between all prek/k teachers.

Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote

k-tchr

Old 09-13-2010, 05:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Lucky you! Leveled readers and Heidi's songs dvds are on my wish list. Wrote a grant hoping to get some for our K programs. Just got a horseshoe table this year. Highly recommend! Have fun spending!
k-tchr is offline   Reply With Quote

BeeHappy

The list goes on and on....
Old 09-13-2010, 08:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Sets of high interest non-fiction books,fiction books boxed sets, word work manipulatives and kits from Lakeshore/Really Good Stuff, Dr. Jean CD's, Nellie Edge ABC DVD/manual, art supplies, pocket charts that are interactive, tons of things for centers - math - science - social studies - health -etc., dry erase markers, white boards.....

You are so lucky! I am happy for you and your district!

Bee Happy
BeeHappy is offline   Reply With Quote

HomeofLove

Old 09-13-2010, 09:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I'd want to try to get the most bang for my buck. In addition to what you've already stated, what about some sort of "all in one" easel/center type of thing? They make some that hold big books, leveled readers, pointers, storytelling items, etc....then there are some that are more art-supplies geared with a dry erase, trays for paper, tons of baskets and bins for supplies, etc. http://www.todaysclassroom.com/-c-608.html
HomeofLove is offline   Reply With Quote

jacque/Wa/K-1

Old 07-22-2011, 08:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I recently bought wireless headphones...good ones that I can recharge by plugging in every night. Love them and I am SO tired of parents who man the listening workshop not working to keep them untangled and keep children from pulling the wires out....I bought other ones on another frequency to use on my computers.

Readers from Starfall---they are very reasonable and every year are the favorites of all my kids because they feel like they are reading a real chapter book, even though these are mostly all sight words. Three Little Plays is the out and out favorite of the bunch. I send these home for kids to practice too and that works well. They are inexpensive enough that I don't worry if a book doesn't make it back--I just keep adding a few more every year.

Individual white boards--our assistant superintendent wrote a grant for these one year and got every kindergarten class a set. I use mine almost every single day....and keep finding more uses for them.

Look at Discount School Supply for any cabinetry you might want. They have reasonable prices, it's Jonti-Craft, every piece I've bought is on wheels (hidden) and my favorite has a lip around three edges on top so nothing can fall off---it's great for staplers, tape dispensers, paper containers, etc.

Look at Mary Ruth books. She has a series about a dog named Danny that the sisters (Daily 5) gave us free at a workshop and then I had to buy more. They are wonderful! They are pricey, but I will continue to buy more every year to add to my collection.

Sensory Table? I bought mine from Kaplan. It's wood and has a towel rack which was the main selling point for me, plus it's a shorter, fatter one than most rectangular ones....fit in my space better and I use the top to display all kinds of science related things.

Alphabet beads for Choice Time. These can be a little pricey but SO good for reinforcing letter names and sounds. Also, any other supplies for Choice Time, paint, brushes, paper, puzzles, games (Jenga, pick up sticks, rat-a-tat cat, bowling, a magnetic hundreds' board where one side they match the numbers, the other side is blank and they can challenge themselves to remember the numbers). A crayon-melter (warming tray), colorful felt story pieces for your flannelboard....that's all off the top of my head for now.
jacque/Wa/K-1 is offline   Reply With Quote