Intervention & Title I Services

Title 1 community Liason

>

Question...

Question...

Title 1 community Liason
Old 09-28-2011, 12:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am interviewing for a job posted as a community liason position on Friday-when the secretary called-she said it was a parent liason position.. Now I obviously know that I will be dealing with parents throughout-but my question is- do you think there is a chance I will get hired if #1-I am not a parent of a kid in the district and #2 I am not even from the district. I am really passionate about helping students succeed in whatever way possible but I don't want to get too excited if there is probably no chance of me getting the job. I am more than willing to learn whatever it is that I need to and I believe I can do a really good job in this position...

Thoughts?
Thanks

MathWA

Residency not required
Old 10-03-2011, 03:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I don't think that residency would be a factor but who you know could be. Title 1 jobs are highly coveted in my district so it would be very difficult or almost impossible for an unknown to be hired for these positions. My recommendation would be to interview and then hope for the best and be prepared for the worst. I really do wish you luck!
MathWA is offline   Reply With Quote

dite

In my district
Old 10-07-2011, 02:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

the parent liason is not a certified position so the pay is considerably less. However, whether or not you are a parent or from the district doesn't matter and should not be asked at an interview.
dite is offline   Reply With Quote