"To work effectively with children with special talents, teachers need to have a thor - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Gifted Education

"To work effectively with children with special talents, teachers need to have a thor

>

SarahL

SarahL

"To work effectively with children with special talents, teachers need to have a thor
Old 06-26-2012, 03:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am currently finishing my masters, and this is one of the questions this week and my three justification seem pretty similar but maybe as an elementary school teacher I am looking at it too closely. I wanted to get some Justifications from other teachers see what there ideas where if they were on the same lines. So if you can...give me a justification for the following statement.

"To work effectively with children with special talents, teachers need to have a thorough knowledge of normal growth and development."

<3 Sarah

JL24

JL24

Yardsticks
Old 06-27-2012, 06:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

There was a book awhile back called Yardsticks by Chip Wood. it talked about developmental issues and developmental considerations. Don't know if it would be appropriate or not--Just a thought.

yesteach

Imho
Old 07-01-2012, 06:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

it's necessary to understand the normal growth and development in order to address the asynchronous development of gifted children. The old adage of "just because they can, doesn't mean they should."

I've not worked much with special education (resource) students, but I would think it would be much the same at the other end of the spectrum as it is at the gifted end.
yesteach is offline   Reply With Quote