Help

Intervention & Title I Services

Title 1 Interview

>

hopeful10

Title 1 Interview
Old 07-02-2012, 10:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

First, I got a call this afternoon for a phone interview for a Title 1 position. My interview is tomorrow at noon (during my lunch break from the childcare). I am so happy I don't have to take time off work at the childcare and tell them about the interview. I am also nervous because I've NEVER had a phone interview. I used to participate on district conference calls when I was in retail management. Do you think this will be similar? Is there anything different I should do to prepare for a phone interview vs an in person interview?

Second, I am not very familiar with the Title 1 position. The job description on the district website says that you have to provide intervention in reading and math to students who scored a Level 1 or Level 2 on FCAT (FL's standardized test). I do have a minor in Reading Education and began my Master's in Reading Education. I worked closely with the Title 1 teacher when I taught Kindergarten at the charter school in Philadelphia. What else do you know about Title 1? What questions should I be prepared to answer during the Title 1 interview?

I plan on researching the school on their website and finding out their goals, etc. Also, their FCAT scores and information. I am going to do a search for Title 1 interview questions as well.

I appreciate any and all help I can get in preparing for this interview. Thank you all so much in advance!

hopeful10 is offline   Reply With Quote

sweet babboo

Old 07-02-2012, 06:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My interviewers asked me questions like "do you work well with staff and teachers?" or "what steps would you take if you had a problem with a teacher?" The other questions were centered on my background. It was a pretty basic interview. I don't know how Title 1 interviews differ from district to district/ state to state, though.

There is a lot of paperwork involved with Title 1. You have to be very organized and understand the confidential nature of Title 1 (for instance, in my district, we are not supposed to know that a child is living below the poverty line, we just get told which students are eligible for Title 1 services).

I know that this is a last minute response, but I hope it kind of helps. Good luck tomorrow!
sweet babboo is offline   Reply With Quote