Help

Kindergarten

"No more letter of week" prinatables?

>

jodeen31

"No more letter of week" prinatables?
Old 06-20-2013, 09:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi I am wanting to give the book "no more letter of the week" by Pat Lusche a try this fall. I am going to start planning soon. Has anybody linked each sound with a printable emergent reader or easy access type poem that can be printed on the internet. We have none of the uggested books at our school. I would love a copy of printable books ar ideas on poems I can print out on line for free. Thanks!

jodeen31 is offline   Reply With Quote

punchinello

Old 06-21-2013, 01:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I've been using "NMLW" for about 4 years now. I remember being frustrated that books don't come with it. The gesture prompts are good, but I"ve changed a few of them. For /b/, I have a picture of a doctor listening to a heartbeat and our gesture is tapping our hearts...

Scholastic has a few good books, like Four Furry Feet.
http://shop.scholastic.com/webapp/wc...atalogId=10004

Here is something reproducible that could work
http://shop.scholastic.com/webapp/wc...atalogId=10004

I use a combination of Scholastic and my own books that I've made. I went to Villanova University, so the /v/ book is "My Villanova Vacation".

It took me a couple of years to put it all together. I still make adjustments because some books are too easy as the kids seem to be reading earlier and earlier!
punchinello is offline   Reply With Quote

BodfishBarrel

This will be my 3rd year
Old 06-21-2013, 07:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

of using parts of No More LOTW. I love my reading wall. It was a challenge to find emergent readers to go with each letter. I used some from our Houghton-Mifflin science series. Scholastic has some emergent reader sets that focus on sight words. atozteacherstuff.com has lots of emergent readers to download. I think you look for kinderreaders. For "u" I used the book about paint in the No More LOTW book. And, like the PP, I wrote a couple of books when I couldn't find what I needed.

My students use the reading wall daily and make reference to it during our lessons.

Good Luck
BodfishBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote

punchinello

Old 06-24-2013, 06:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

BodfishBarrel, you are so right! The kids love the wall and refer to it all year. "That was Abby's sound!" They enjoy taking ownership of their sound and get a big smile whenever it pops up in their reading.

It's a good program, just tricky to get up and running. And the reading wall takes up a lot of room!
punchinello is offline   Reply With Quote