Help

Gifted Education

Challenges

>

ODNT

Challenges
Old 06-03-2013, 05:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I will have the same class for 4th grade next year as I did in 3rd this year. It is a mix of G/T, high, at grade level, below grade level, and resource. My male G/T students just weren't challenged this year - although I had lots of enrichment activities, I couldn't get them to participate. They were used to not doing anything after they finished their work, and I wasn't able to break them of that habit. They don't want to do anything, even when given a choice they came up with. I am particularly wanting to challenge my highest student: his reading level, comprehension, and vocabulary are at a 10th grade level, and he excels at math and science as well. No wonder he is bored! Any advice or projects that you could recommend?

ODNT is offline   Reply With Quote

Gr8Profession

Have you looked at any of the STEM books?
Old 06-28-2013, 04:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I was looking at some of the STEM project books yesterday & some seemed quite good and challenging (2nd grade high ability). Some of the books seemed way better than others so you'd want to look at them before you purchased. The one that I'm going to get (when it goes on sale next month) is an engineering one. It looks like it will be very engaging and challenging. They had books for students through 6th grade. I looked at the books at our local teacher's store. I think that often my boys are more engaged when the topic is science or technology related.
Gr8Profession is offline   Reply With Quote