The Job Search

No changes in job postings

>

12hnb31

12hnb31

No changes in job postings
Old 07-10-2013, 05:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Has anyone else looked at job postings online recently and seen few changes? I applied to a bunch of jobs, and the job boards online is still the same (no new jobs added, no jobs taken down). Does this have anything to do with district budgets? For the record, I am applying in NC. Thanks.

grav_def

Old 07-10-2013, 06:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Check the closing dates--they're usually listed somewhere in the job description--of the jobs you've applied for. If they haven't passed yet, you can't expect much to happen (though I got a rejection email from a still-open job the other day, within hours of submitting my app. But that is the exception).

If they closed awhile ago and you haven't heard anything, it's probably time to give up on that one and move on to the next.
grav_def is offline   Reply With Quote

SunShining

Old 07-10-2013, 10:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I've seen more this week, but it's probably because our state budget *just* got finalized the very last week of June. I'm in Washington state, and our hiring season tends to be later anyway. It was an unusually slow June due to the budget, so I expect July to be heavier than normal.

Like grav_def said though, check for a closing date to get an idea of the time frame. If there's no closing date or it says "Open Until Filled," and it's been a while, I'd move on. I've had interviews for jobs that are listed as "OUF" and they were taken down shortly after I received my no's. So even if the job is still posted, they may have already screened and interviewed, and possibly even hired someone. If you're really curious, you could always give HR a call and ask.

Good luck!
SunShining is offline   Reply With Quote

Tonya0581

Nc
Old 07-12-2013, 11:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Where in NC??? I just moved out of NC and my former district has a ton of openings. Plus my old position which I was sad to leave!
Tonya0581 is offline   Reply With Quote