Help

Intervention & Title I Services

Title 1 question

>

kaycee1128

Title 1 question
Old 01-14-2008, 07:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about title 1 funding.

If you are a title 1 school, does the money go directly to your school or does it get distributed to your district to spend accordingly?

If you get title 1 funds are there guidelines on how this can be spent?

What do your schools generally use title 1 funds for?

Thanks!

kaycee1128 is offline   Reply With Quote

MrsM

Title I
Old 01-15-2008, 03:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Title I guidelines for your state can usually be found at your state's dept. of education site, under federal grants. There is a Title I Director in each district who decides how to use the funding, according to strict guidelines. If a school is "targeted assistance" then each child must be identified as needing Title I services, (according to guidelines) and served within guidelines suggestions. If a school is "schoolwide", it qualifies by having a huge percentage of free/reduced lunch qualified students in the school, and services may be given to any student according to guidelines.

Title I money cannot purchase equipment or furniture, or computers (equipment). It can purchase books, supplies, pay for parent involvement activities/supplies, and personnel. I hope this answers your questions. Please post again on the Title I board if you have more, and there will be several people who can help you there.
MrsM is offline   Reply With Quote

3rdgrade

title one
Old 01-18-2008, 07:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We just became a title one school. The money comes directly to the school that qualifies, not to the entire district. Being Title One you, as a school, are held to a lot more things, such as parent connections. You need to have a plan for your school, which your principal needs to do. Document, Document, Document... If you offer after school tutoring, document who comes for each week/day. The money that you receive does have guidelines. You get a lot of extra money but you have a lot of guidelines to follow and that will be checked on!
3rdgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Tam

Tam

Title 1 Funds
Old 02-14-2008, 06:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Our school spends the money on extra staff. We have a math coach and a reading coach to help teachers out with planning and instruction of the students. We also pay teachers for after school tutoring.