Help

Substitute Teachers

So attached!!

>

Subinnc

So attached!!
Old 01-26-2017, 04:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Tomorrow is my last day of a 12 week leave and I've never been so sad to be done! I have had leaves that I've liked, hated or been indifferent about, but I have never gotten so attached. They whined and complained at the end of class today that they didn't want to go back to homeroom. It almost sort of made my heart hurt!

The teacher I subbed for is super popular, very sweet natured and quite honestly, a lot more patient than me. I have never heard anyone (staff, student or parent) say a bad word about her at all. It surprises me that the kids are this sad to see me go!

On the flip side, my (her) homeroom can't wait to have her back...lol. They did not bond with me nearly as much as the other class did.

Has anyone else ever had specific classes that you actually miss and wish you could teach full time? This is such a weird feeling! I will most likely now go to 8th grade to a class that I do really, really enjoy...but not like this one. Boo.

Subinnc is offline   Reply With Quote

mrsd5

Not as a sub, but...
Old 01-26-2017, 06:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

When I was teaching full-time, my first class in our new-to-us middle school (converted from the high school when the new high school was built) was the most amazing class! They weren't perfect, but the bright kids were funny and mature. The lower kids wanted to learn (mostly). I count that as one of my favorite classes of all time. At their 8th grade promotion, I was crying so much that my teammates thought there was something wrong.
mrsd5 is offline   Reply With Quote

mooba1

Old 01-27-2017, 01:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Not exactly the same situation,but I sub mostly in one school, so I know most of the kids. I always get a lump in my throat when I sub for 5th grade in May, b/c those kids are just weeks away from going on to middle school, and I've watched most of them grow up.
mooba1 is offline   Reply With Quote