Substitute Teachers

Jobulator problems??

>

Frustrated!

Frustrated!

Jobulator problems??
Old 02-28-2017, 01:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Is anyone having issues with Jobulator today? All day long I have not gotten a single notification on my phone or heard that magic "ding" that tells me there are new jobs. Yet when I open the app, it refreshes and shows me there are jobs that I never got notifications for! It is incredibly frustrating as I do not want to have to go into the app itself (or worse, Aesop after that hellish update) and check for new jobs every minute. The app is supposed to check for me, that's why I pay for it! Sigh. Is anyone else having this problem and if so, what did they do about it? I sent an email to the help center on the website and they said they would respond "within one business day" which is less than helpful...

mrsd5

Funny you should ask
Old 02-28-2017, 03:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I just looked at my phone after reading this. Sure enough, there was a notification, but the job was gone. I worked today, and forgot to turn the sound back on my phone. Hopefully you start getting notifications soon. I DID have to turn my phone off, wait a minute, and turn it back on once when I was having problems like that. Maybe you could try that and see what happens.
mrsd5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Frustrated!

Frustrated!

Old 02-28-2017, 03:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thank you for responding! I have restarted my phone three times now and am still not getting notifications unless I go into the app itself and refresh. And it isn't just my wifi either--this is also happening on LTE and when I was out and about at work today. It's very frustrating and I'm tempted to just take tomorrow off (there are no jobs I want at the moment and without notifications I'm not likely to get a good one in time)

YayaSub

Old 02-28-2017, 04:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Mine was acting wonky today by repeatedly giving me a notification for (I think) the same jobs. I know once in a while I'll get a notification, but the job will be gone by the time I click on it seconds later. But unless there were a bunch of jobs being added and snapped up, I was just getting multiple alerts for the same couple of assignments today. This went on for an hour or two this afternoon, but it seems to be working correctly now.
YayaSub is offline   Reply With Quote

jeopardyfan

Old 02-28-2017, 05:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by YayaSub
Mine was acting wonky today by repeatedly giving me a notification for (I think) the same jobs. I know once in a while I'll get a notification, but the job will be gone by the time I click on it seconds later. But unless there were a bunch of jobs being added and snapped up, I was just getting multiple alerts for the same couple of assignments today. This went on for an hour or two this afternoon, but it seems to be working correctly now.
Mine did the same thing for about an hour or so with one specific job....at first I thought it was just that people were picking it up and then dropping it rapidly, but it was an English job, and people don't normally do that to those (the pick up/drop tends to happen a lot with spec ed jobs here or with a few certain teachers that no one likes to sub for).

I eventually hit "reject" when the job came up again as I was sick of seeing it, as it'd say "already filled" every time I clicked accept. That seemed to make it go away.

jeopardyfan is offline   Reply With Quote

whd507

Old 02-28-2017, 07:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

ever since the hellish update I get that all the time, it shows a job as filled, but its still there. sometimes I can get to aesop in time to snatch it, but since the "update" I usually get there too late.

I know one district here that is ditching aesop for another system soon, since the problems are overwhelming for them, and another district that I had been begging to adopt aesop now feels pretty smug about their decision.

I cant believe that they don't see the havoc they are causing...especially since it worked so well before.
whd507 is offline   Reply With Quote

SubMan

Job Available
Old 03-01-2017, 06:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Today, a job was posted by one of the teachers I regularly sub for; I think I'm her favorite list, but I'm not sure. An hour later I look at my phone and see the Jobulator message on the lock screen. I never heard the Jobulator noise (phone was in my cup holder in my car). Luckily the job was still there and I'm booked for all of April and it's only the first day of March.

I do worry that with the recent changes to Aesop (or whatever they call it now) and Jobulator that the gravy days are over. Another sub, who uses Jobulator, told me that the Aesop Calendar button in Jobulator no longer works, it just shows a purple screen.

Sigh! There's not enough subs and here they go making it harder to get work. I had two coverages today, only break was at lunch. Whew!
SubMan is offline   Reply With Quote

YayaSub

Old 03-01-2017, 08:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I see a purple screen briefly before the login page. Is your friend seeing it and nothing else? Are you seeing it? I'm not sure I know what the Aesop changes are aside from the name change and delay to log in. Is there anything else?
YayaSub is offline   Reply With Quote

jeopardyfan

Old 03-02-2017, 03:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I have no idea why they slowed down Aesop's website so much lately---maybe they're trying to do something so that the 3rd party versions of jobulator aren't able to see jobs?

Today I accepted a job from jobulator, clicked add to calendar, and added it to my google calendar, then in jobulator the job was still there so I accepted it again, but the email confirm is from the 1st acceptance, so something is really buggy with jobulator as things aren't moving off the home page correctly.
jeopardyfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Nietzsche

Aesop/Jobulator
Old 03-02-2017, 05:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Yesterday I tried accepting jobs with Jobulator for two teachers at the same school. I would get a message that the job has already been assigned to another sub. The job would come back in a few minutes and I would get the same message when I would try to accept it. This happened about a dozen times for these two jobs.

Today I had around 9-10 jobs available and then I noticed I only had one available. I was surprised because some of these jobs had been around for awhile. Around an hour or two later, the missing jobs reappeared.

Nietzsche is offline   Reply With Quote