Help

Substitute Teachers

My one day this week

>

mrsd5

My one day this week
Old 02-22-2018, 05:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have slowly begun subbing again since hubby's accident on Dec. 26, mostly to save my sanity and also because I have bills to pay. This week, I no days booked. Then I got a call to work on Tuesday, which is one of the days I usually take off because of our egg delivery business (once hubby is up and around to help and supervise the hired guy, I won't need to). Hubby said "go" so I did. And while I was there, I picked up three more request jobs. Two were half days (yesterday and tomorrow) and one is next Monday. While sitting at the surgeon's office waiting for hubby, the school called. They need someone tomorrow afternoon. So I'll be subbing p.e. in the morning (all three m.s. grades) and 8th grade ELA in the afternoon. I love being at the middle school, but am sure I'll be exhausted by the end of the day.

mrsd5 is offline   Reply With Quote

mooba1

Old 02-22-2018, 07:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Isnít that the way it always goes? Feast or famine. Yes, you may be really tired at the end of the day, but getting out of the house may save you from becoming homicidal. . In all seriousness, Iím glad hubs is doing better. Life can sure turn on a dime, canít it?
mooba1 is offline   Reply With Quote

MaineSub

Old 02-23-2018, 04:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am convinced that there's some "out of sight, out of mind" involved in this business--at least in districts where scheduling isn't totally automated. I think it pays to find a reason to show up at school if you haven't been called for a while... or to contact the sub-coordinator and remind her you are available.

It's one reason I will take the assignments no one else wants (including half days). The coordinator usually ends up saying, "Oh while you're here, are you available...?"

Glad things are working out for you!
MaineSub is offline   Reply With Quote